Today is the first day of spring. It is the time of increasing daylight, warming temperatures, and the budding new growth in plants, trees, and shrubs. That new growth is also happening in the self storage industry. StorageMart is growing their portfolio. They announced they finalized the purchase of 18 facilities throughout Iowa, Kansas, and Nebraska.
“We have been working on this portfolio since 1987, and are pleased it has finally come to fruition,” StorageMart CEO Mike Burnam said. “It fits well with our acquisition criteria for increasing or maintaining critical mass in markets where we can control expenses and push our revenue.”
The acquisition includes the 16 properties formerly operating as Budget Storage. They include facilities at:
- 6520 Northwest Blvd., Davenport, IA
- 1800 E. Army Post Rd., Des Moines, IA
- 2500 SE 14th St., Des Moines, IA
- 4043 E. 14th St., Des Moines, IA
- 3221 Martin Luther King, Jr. Pkwy, Des Moines, IA
- 139 SW 63rd St., Des Moines, IA
- 125 S. 13th St., West Des Moines, IA
- 5267 Merle Hay Rd., Johnston, IA
- 1850 SE Miehe Dr., Grimes, IA
- 205 SW Irvinedale Dr., Ankeny, IA
- 205 SE Delaware Ave., Ankeny, IA
- 60 NE Venture Dr., Waukee, IA
- 9821 Douglas Ave., Urbandale, IA
- 6600 Hickman Rd., Windsor Heights, IA
- 6525 Center St., Windsor Heights, IA
- 1050 E. MacArthur Rd., Wichita, KS
These new facilities add over 1.1 million net rentable square feet and 8,573 individual storage units. This brings their net rentable square feet to over 9.8 million. This purchase also makes them the largest self storage provider in the greater Des Moines area.
StorageMart also acquired two other facilities that used to be former Advance Self Storage facilities:
- 1501 Mahaffie Circle, Olathe, KS
- 6101 Cornhusker Hwy, Lincoln, NE
“We’re excited by the opportunity to not only enter the Des Moines market, but to do so as the largest provider of self storage in the area,” StorageMart President Cris Burnam said. “We’re looking forward to bringing to the people of the Des Moines the high standards of service and innovation which have become synonymous with the StorageMart brand and made us a leader in the self storage industry.”
Founded in 1999, StorageMart is headquartered in Columbia, Missouri. In addition to the facilities in the United States, StorageMart has 62 facilities in Canada located in Alberta, British Columbia, Ontario, Toronto, Quebec, and Saskatchewan.
“StorageMart Acquires Budget Storage.” PRWeb; 19 March 2014.
- Renovated Storage Facility Part of Restoration Project in Omaha, Nebraska - October 21, 2014