More and more of Asia’s four billion inhabitants are entering the middle-income class. This means they purchase more items which then impact the small living spaces that are typical in Asia. And all of those possessions create a growing need for self storage.
In 1999, Steel Storage established the first self storage industry tradeshow in the United Kingdom. Now, they are launching the first tradeshow in the Asian markets. It will be held March 20-21, 2013 in the Langham Hotel in Hong Kong.
Registration for the conference cost $300 and includes the two-day conference and tradeshow, lunch on both days, morning and afternoon tea on both days, and a sunset cruise on board a Chinese junk on Hong Kong’s Victoria Harbor.
Topics covered at the Expo will include building and managing facilities, buying and selling facilities, financing, security systems, management technology, revenue management, and online marketing. There will also be an industry panel on both days. Attendees will also have great opportunities to network with others who work in the self storage industry.
The following people will speak at the conference:
- John Perrins, CEO of the Steel Storage Group
- Stephen Spohn, President at Quraz, Ltd.
- Lance Comstock, president of PTI Security Systems
- Harry Good, Chairman and CEO Of MiniCo Asia Ltd, MiniCo Self-Storage and New Empire Ventures, Inc.
- Oliver Close, partner, Valuation & Advisory at Cushman & Wakefield
- Dallas Dogger, owner/managing director of Centreforce IT Pty Ltd
- Captain David Evans, checkkand training captain Airbus A380 at Qantas
- Michael Tate, co-founder and CEO of StorageKing Group
- Joshua Steimle, CEO of MWI
- Thomas Krendl, CEO and E.I.M Group, Inc., and vice president of SkilCheck Inc.
Attendees are expected to come from China, Australia, New Zealand, Europe, and even the United States. “We hope this expo is the first of many,” said Natasha Johnson of Steel Storage Holdings, a primary sponsor and organizer of the Expo. “This market is growing quickly. There are great opportunities for self storage companies and entrepreneurs.”
The Steel Storage Group is the leader in the design and construction of self storage facilities in the Middle East, Europe, Asia, and Australasia. Jon Perrins founded the company in 1990 in Brisbane, Australia. He then opened an office in Europe which was shortly followed by an office in Asia. The company works with independent start-up facilities and all the way up to large multi-facility operations.
“Full Occupancy CEO to Speak at Self Storage Asia Expo 2013 in Hong Kong.” PR Web; 25 January 2012.
- Renovated Storage Facility Part of Restoration Project in Omaha, Nebraska - October 21, 2014