Following in the tradition of every U.S. President since 1963, President Barack Obama has proclaimed this week to be National Small Business Week — a week to honor America’s approximately 27.2 million small businesses. Of those small businesses, about 27,650 are self storage operators who own and operate a one-facility self storage business.
In Washington D.C., and around the country, communities are celebrating National Small Business Week with seminars and workshops for small business owners:
- Washington, D.C. is having a week of awards banquets and ceremonies to honor particular small business owners. At the National Small Business Week website, you can view streaming webcasts of the ceremonies and events.
- The Louisiana Small Business Development Center at LSU-Shreveport has scheduled three workshops this week: “Developing a Business Plan,” tonight from 6-9; “Securing Financing for Your Business, Wed. from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m.; and “Starting and Financing Your Small Business,” from 6 -8 p.m.
- The Denver Office of Economic Development is offering several free classes and networking events this week, including “National Healthcare Reform: How It Will Impact Your Small Business,” Wed. from 8 – 11 a.m.; “Road to Recovery,” Thursday from 9 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. The “Road to Recovery” series will include three panels: “The Future of Capital,” “The Future of Human Capital Management,” and “The Future of Technology and Marketing.”
- The Small Business Development Center at the University of Central Florida is offering a “Doing Business with Local & State Government and Business Matchmaking Session,” Wed. from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. and Thursday from 8 a.m. to noon. In addition, the nearby Small Business Development Center at Seminole State College is offering a seminar on “Improving Small Business Performance,” from 3 to 5:30 p.m. on Thursday.
- Chicago is preparing for its 2010 Small Business Expo, a small business networking event which will take place July 16th at the University of Illinois at Chicago Forum. Chicago City Treasurer Stephanie Neely is also presenting a live pop-up event at the ING Direct Cafe, Wednesday from 5:30 to 6:30 p.m. You can register for the event at www.chicagocitytreasurer.com.
You can find more regional and local National Small Business Week events listed at the National Small Business Week website.
- Renovated Storage Facility Part of Restoration Project in Omaha, Nebraska - October 21, 2014