Many college students heave a big sigh of relief once they graduate. No more tests. No more research papers. No more final exams. But does that mean no more learning? Hopefully not.
Abraham Lincoln said, “I do not think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday.” The premise behind Lincoln’s quote is that people should learn something everyday. They should continue growing, improving, and stretching themselves. This premise also applies to those who work in the self storage industry.
One way to be a life-long learner and to stay abreast with what is happing in this industry is to participate in conferences, association meetings, and webinars. The Mini-Storage Messenger is sponsoring two free webinars that will help owners and managers to keep learning and improving and becoming better business people.
One free webinar is “Increasing Revenue with QuikStor Security and Software.” It will be held Wednesday, September 19, 2012 at 2:00 p.m. Eastern Time. Sean Cargo, Senior Account Manager for QuikStor, will be the presenter and Poppy Behrens, Publisher of MiniCo, will be the moderator.
Cargo will cover the following topics:
- QuikStor’s one-stop shop for software and security offers a single number to call and the tightest integrations in the industry
- Make your facility stand out with value-added services for your tenants
- Learn about the Guardian Series Keypad system, the only system that offers a 7-year warranty that includes lightning damage
- Increase occupancy by renting units directly from your website with QuikStor’s e-commerce solutions
Cargo has over 25 years experience in the self storage industry. He consults with hundreds of storage locations nationwide and guides them through his company’s unique “concept-to-profit” business plan.
Click here to register for the free webinar.
Mini-Storage Messenger also offers a free webinar titled “Tech Savvy Renters – Your Counter is No Longer the First Touch Point.” This will be held Wednesday, October 3, 2012 at 2:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time.
Larry Rolando, Vice President of Business Development for Open Tech Alliance, Inc. will be the presenter and Poppy Behrens, Publisher of MiniCo, will be the moderator. Rolando will discuss integration between call centers, kiosks, marketing sites, a website, and a mobile web site. He will also cover the following topics:
- Make renting from your facilities easier by integrating new consumer touch points
- Be open for business when your competitor is closed
- Improve your facility Net Operating Income by driving more revenue
Roland is on the Illinois Self Storage Association Board of Directors. He has over 20 years experience in sales in the computer and software industry.
Click here to sign up for this free webinar.
“Tech Savvy Renters – Your Counter is No Longer the First Touch Point.” Mini-Storage Messenger.
“Increasing Revenue with QuikStore Security and Software.” Mini-Storage Messenger.
How to Become a Lifelong Learner. WikiHow.