It’s that time of year again — time for the Inside Self-Storage World Expo, which will be held from Wednesday, Sept. 29, through Friday, Oct. 1 in New Orleans. The ISS World Expo is a wonderful opportunity for self storage professionals to meet, network, and learn about issues ranging from everyday facility maintenance and management, to green building, to financing and legal issues. Dozens of self storage industry suppliers will also be present with product samples and information.
This year’s ISS World Expo will be held at the New Orleans Marriott at 555 Canal Street. Registration is still open at the ISS World Expo website, which gives self storage operators the option to register for the basic education package, the expo-hall package, or the education package with marketing and management workshops added on. In addition, the ISS Expo is offering several other add-on intensive workshops: “Excelling in Your Self-Storage Operation,” “Legal Learning Live: Protect Your Self-Storage Business,” “Management Workshop: Strengthening Operational Skills,” “Marketing and Sales Boot Camp: Immediate and Inexpensive Techniques,” and “Developers Seminar: Cutting-Edge Workshop for Those Interested in Growth.”
Those who are interested in topics such as sustainable self-storage, how to make a self storage facility greener, and how to reduce a facility’s carbon footprint will find several seminars of interest at the Expo. On Wednesday morning, Charles Plunkett of Capco Steel Inc. will present “Green Development for Self-Storage: A Case Study.” On Thursday morning, Bob Hayworth and Matthew Harrison of Baja Construction Company will present “Designing and Renovating a Self-Storage Facility for Solar Sustainability.”
Likewise, several presenters will focus on affordable marketing strategies for self-storage facilities. Marketing presentations will include:
- “Is Your Facility’s Online Activity Delivering Results? Tools to Measure Your Web-Marketing Performance,” presented by Mario Feghali, of SpareFoot.com.
- “Overcoming Competition in a Cutthroat Environment,” presented by John Traver, of XPS Solutions.
- “Marketing About Town: Building Rapport with Local Businesses and the Community,” presented by Tom Litton, of Litton Property Management Inc.
- “Secrets of Search Engine Optimization (SEO),” presented by Eric Shanfelt, eMedia Strategist.
- “Internet Power Marketing: The How of Online Brand Expansion,” presented by Brandon Braud, of upickstorage.com.
- “Powerful Selling Techniques for Higher Self-Storage Profit,” presented by Brad North, of Advantage Consulting & Management.
- “Self-Storage and Internet Yellow Pages: Making the Most of Online Local Search,” presented by Randy Hatch and Michaels Wilder.
- “How to Buy Advertising and Create Effective Promotional Materials,” presented by Bob Copper, of Self Storage 101.
- “Marketing from the Right Side of the Brain: Developing Skills for Creativity and Innovation,” presented by John Roser, of USA Storage Resource.
- “Champagne Marketing at Grape-Juice Expense: Low- to No-Cost Marketing Ideas You Can Implement Today,” presented by Stacie Maxwell, of Universal Management Co.
More scheduled activities for ISS Expo can be found at the ISS Expo Agenda-at-a-Glance.