Networking. Sharing ideas. Getting answers to burning questions or problems. Learning how to be a better business owner. Meeting new people. These are all part of attending a conference or a business workshop. These professional development opportunities can also inject a renewed excitement and enthusiasm for employees. Those who know this, go to the conferences.
The Illinois Self Storage Association, along with Extra Space Storage, its Platinum Sponsor, will host its 2013 Great Lakes Self Storage Owners Summit & Expo in two weeks on August 5, 2013. It will be held at the Hilton Double Tree Hotel (on the Magnificent Mile), which is in downtown Chicago at 300 East Ohio Street.
Self-storage owners, operators, investors, developers, and executives are encouraged to attend. A registration form is available here.
The event runs from 11:00 a.m. through 5:00 p.m. Registration opens at 10:00 a.m. At 11:00, the lunch and trade show begins. At 12:30 p.m. Michael T. Scanlon, Jr., president and CEO of the Self Storage Association, will speak. He will address the topic “Self Storage Industry Update and Self Storage Association (SSA) Report.”
Under Scanlon’s direction, the SSA re-invented its brand identification to its vision and mission statement. He turned their humble newsletter into a magazine that is now the largest paid-circulation magazine in the industry. And, SSA membership has grown from 2,300 to over 6,000.
The rest of the agenda includes:
- Dr. Eugenio Aleman, Chief Economist for Wells Fargo Bank, who will discuss “The Macro Economic Outlook for Commercial Real Estate”
- Jim Stevens, from Extra Space Storage based in Salt Lake City, Utah, will speak on “Operational Overview”
- Marc Boorstein, from MJ Partners Self Storage Group, will talk about “Self Storage Valuations and Analysis of the Public Companies”
- Shawn Hill, from the BSC Group, will cover “Debt Financing Options”
- Bob Copper, from Storage101.com, will speak about “Revenue Management”
- Jeff Greenberger, from Greenberger & Norton LLP, will discuss the latest issues with the Illinois lien law
The event will conclude with a cocktail reception that begins at 5:00 p.m. and concludes at 6:30 p.m.
Registration for members is $95 for the first attendee and $85 for others attendees from the same facility. Registration costs for non-members is $125. For more information or have your questions answered, call Ginny Stengel at 703-575-8000 or send e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
“Great Lakes Self Storage Owners’ Summit & Expo.” MJ Partners Real Estate Services.