Storage Post is on the cutting edge of technology. They are the first self storage company to provide state-of-the-art reservation ability on their Facebook page. Customers can locate a nearby Storage Post facility, check available sizes, and reserve units – all directly in Facebook.
“The main goal with our Facebook integration was to reduce the time it took for a customer to find us on Facebook, search in their geographic area and reserve a unit. With the assistance of the Definition 6 team, we’ve successfully expanded our reservation technology into social media,” said Storage Post Chief Technology Officer Jackson Wilson. “Now customers have the convenience of a storage search that doesn’t interrupt their Facebook experience.”
One of the advantages of having this capability in Facebook is that Storage Post is able to capture the browsing behaviors of the Facebook users. They will be able to tell which rental sizes area viewed the most, which locations are pulled up the most, and how much time people spend on the different pages.
There are more than 700 million active Facebook users worldwide. That’s more than twice the population in the whole United States. Fifty percent of the users log in every day. Collectively, they spend over 700 billion minutes per month on Facebook. That is a huge market of potential customers.
Here are 7 reasons why a self storage business should have a Facebook page.
- By using similar graphics, colors, and personality that your company’s website has, you increase your brand recognition. When potential or returning customers see your Facebook page and your website, they will connect the two sites and solidify your brand in their mind.
- You connect with your customers who are Facebook users. They get to know you and trust you. You can easily hold conversations with them.
- Search engines index the information that is on your Facebook page. This helps to increase your search ranking when potential customers do a search on the Internet for self storage units in your area.
- You can offer special deals to customers that are available only on your Facebook page. Because there are so many people using Facebook, your discounts and special pricing will be seen by more people which in turn increases the possibility of getting more people to rent spaces from you.
- You can create special ‘events’ to promote your charitable activities. When your Facebook users RSVP your event, you will get a good idea of how many people will be participating.
- You can create polls. People love to participate in polls. Occasional polls can provide you feedback so you will know how people feel about certain things pertaining to your business.
- Facebook provides you with analytics. This gives you insight to those who frequent your Facebook page. You can also see which posts has the most interaction so that in the future you can make similar posts.
“Storage Post Self Storage Offers Real-Time Storage Reservations on Facebook.” PR Newswire; 26 April 2012.
“Why Your Business Should Have a Facebook Page.” Entrepreneur Solo; 11 February 2012.
“Top 5 Reasons Your Company Should Have a Facebook Page.” Sarah Ryan; 28 February 2011.
- Renovated Storage Facility Part of Restoration Project in Omaha, Nebraska - October 21, 2014