Want to stash away your summer clothes? Finished using your water skis, kneeboards, and baseball equipment? Want to organize your closet? Or your garage perhaps? Clutter is the answer to your clutter.
Clutter is a new self storage service that debuted in Los Angeles. Clutter’s founder and CEO Brian Thomas said, “I started Clutter because I wanted a simple and convenient way to access and keep track of the things that wouldn’t fit in my apartment. Instead of the headache and frustration associated with a dusty self-storage facility, we are giving people a simple storage solution that is not only easy and convenient, but also helps them to remember all the cool things they have safely locked away.”
His business supplies residents of Los Angeles with reusable plastic storage boxes. The boxes are delivered free to their doorstep. (Boxes are delivered and picked up for free.) Customers then fill the boxes and have them picked up and stored by Clutter. Storage is $10 a month.
Clutter has simplified some of the self storage process to make it easier for their customers. They have only one large size of box. They have a free app for those with an iPhone. As customers pack their boxes, they use the app to take pictures thus creating a visual inventory of what’s inside the box. This makes it easy to remember what is inside each box.
Joining Clutter as an advisor and chairman is Ari Mir, who brings over 10 years of entrepreneurial experience with both Pocket Change and GumGum, and has been friends since childhood with Thomas. “Last year, the self-storage industry in the United States generated more than $22 billion in annual revenue, with over 10 million US households renting self-storage units,” noted Mir. “Despite the clear need people have to store things outside of their homes, the storage industry still lives in the dark ages. Technology has changed the way we hail cabs, book hotels, and make restaurant reservations. Changing the way we store the stuff we care about is next.”
Other features offered by Clutter:
- Trusted Clutter employees pick up and securely store the storage boxes. Anti-tamper security stickers provide peace of mind that the boxes remain sealed and safe. Clutter insures against theft/loss/natural disasters/water damage.
- Pricing is simple. The service costs $10per box per month and includes free reusable storage boxes, and free pickup. Retrieving boxes out of storage is a $15 flat fee.
- The boxes are simple. Clutter offers one large box size (22″ x 18.5″ x 16.8″) to keep the service simple and efficient.
- Boxes are stored in a secure warehouse with 24/7 surveillance.
- Clutter employees go through a background check before they are employed.
- Clutter has insurance against theft and loss.
“Clutter Launches in Los Angeles to Simplify Self-Storage.” PRWeb; 4 September 2013.