If you’re moving during the summer heat, you’ll want to make sure to stay cool and comfortable during the process. Follow these tips to prevent overheating as you’re transporting stuff in and out of storage.
1. Dress accordingly.
Put on comfortable, loose, light-colored clothing when you’re doing a lot of activity during your move.
2. Take rest breaks.
You might be trying to move ASAP, but what difference is thirty minutes or an hour going to make in the grand scheme of things? Take occasional ten to twenty minute breaks in order to keep yourself hydrated and energized.
3. Set out towels.
You’ll want to pat yourself dry during rest breaks. Also, consider wetting a couple of towels with cold water.
4. Park your vehicle in the shade.
Sunshine on the pavement can raise the temperature around your park vehicle. Try to park it in a shaded area, if possible.
5. Leave the air conditioning on.
This one is pretty self explanatory, but it’s essential! If you don’t have A/C, consider purchasing a handheld fan to use.
What other methods do you use to keep cool in the heat? Write your suggestions in the comment box at the bottom of the page.
- Moving with Pets - July 28, 2015
- Top 10 Shower Thoughts About Moving & Storage - July 24, 2015
- Tips that Fit Your Very Own Storage Personality - July 22, 2015
- 9 Heirloom Ideas to Start Now - July 20, 2015
- Nine Fun Ways To Wear 70’s Trends Today: What Has Your Family Kept That You Can Use? - July 15, 2015
- 5 Storage Solutions for Pet Owners - July 7, 2015
- Pre-pack Your Moving Truck Like it Matters - June 30, 2015
- 5 Unacceptable and Hilarious Places for Storage - June 24, 2015
- Plan to Destroy Your Moving Stress - June 23, 2015
- Extra Space Fans Give the Ultimate Baby Product Advice - June 18, 2015