If you’re moving during the summer heat, you’ll want to make sure to stay cool and comfortable during the process. Follow these tips to prevent overheating as you’re transporting stuff in and out of storage.
1. Dress accordingly.
Put on comfortable, loose, light-colored clothing when you’re doing a lot of activity during your move.
2. Take rest breaks.
You might be trying to move ASAP, but what difference is thirty minutes or an hour going to make in the grand scheme of things? Take occasional ten to twenty minute breaks in order to keep yourself hydrated and energized.
3. Set out towels.
You’ll want to pat yourself dry during rest breaks. Also, consider wetting a couple of towels with cold water.
4. Park your vehicle in the shade.
Sunshine on the pavement can raise the temperature around your park vehicle. Try to park it in a shaded area, if possible.
5. Leave the air conditioning on.
This one is pretty self explanatory, but it’s essential! If you don’t have A/C, consider purchasing a handheld fan to use.
What other methods do you use to keep cool in the heat? Write your suggestions in the comment box at the bottom of the page.
- Dive into the Mysteries of Strange Inheritance - March 4, 2015
- Top Tips for Storing Wine - March 3, 2015
- Storage Ideas: Making Room for Your Growing Family - February 25, 2015
- The Craziest Things Found in Storage - February 23, 2015
- Buying Your First Home: Tips and Things to Know - February 17, 2015
- 7 Clever Hidden Storage Ideas That We Love - February 11, 2015
- Self Storage Customer Reviews - February 9, 2015
- Too Much Stuff? How to Merge When Moving in Together - February 6, 2015
- Top 10 Cities to Move to in 2015 - February 5, 2015
- Moving Advice: Because You Can’t Think of Everything - February 4, 2015