That’s right! We’re doing a Vine video contest and giving you the chance to win big!
First Place: $500 American Express Gift Card
Second Place: $250 American Express Gift Card
Third Place: $100 American Express Gift Card
Think of it this way: For a mere 6 seconds of work, you’re earning $500. Just sayin’.
Participation is easy! Simply:
- Follow the Extra Space Storage Vine page: https://vine.co/extraspace.
- Submit a vine video of your beautifully organized space and use the hashtag #GreatSpace.
- Don’t delay! Contest duration is June 23rd – July 13th (contest ends at 11:59 pm on July 13th).
Our three lucky winners will be selected by Extra Space Storage and announced on Wednesday July 16th.
What are we looking for, you ask? A beautifully organized space—whatever that means to you. (We should also mention that creativity and the overall size of the organized space will be taken into account when determining winners).
So what are you waiting for? Make the most of your next 6 seconds, get organizing…and show us what you’ve got on Vine!
Official Rules 2014
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN A PRIZE. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID ANYWHERE OUTSIDE OF THE 50 US/DC, AND WHEREVER PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW. A VINE ACCOUNT, TWITTER ACCOUNT, AND INTERNET CONNECTION ARE REQUIRED. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
- Contest Submission Period: The Contestbegins at 12:00:00 AM Eastern Time (“ET”) on June 23, 2014 and ends at 11:59:59 PM (ET) on July 13, 2014 (the “Submission Period”). The Sponsor’s computer will be the official time-keeping device of this Contest. After the Submission Period has ended, there will be a Contest judging period (the “Judging Period”), as detailed in section 5 below, in order to determine one (1) potential First Place winner, one (1) potential Second Place winner, and one (1) potential Third Place winner.
3. How to Enter: In order to enter, entrants must be registered members of both Vine and Twitter. Membership on Vine and Twitter are free. Registration for Vine can be obtained by downloading the Vine application (the “Application”) onto your Eligible Device, from the App Store where it is available, and following the Application’s onscreen instructions to set up an account. Registration for Twitter can be obtained by going to www.twitter.com and entering the required information to register or by downloading the Twitter application onto your Eligible Device from the App Store where it is available, and following the application’s onscreen instructions to open an account. You must open a non-private Twitter account to be eligible to enter the Contest.
To enter your submission, during the Submission Period, complete the following steps:
Log onto your Twitter account and follow Extra Space Storage on Vine: https://vine.co/extraspace (if you do not do so already);
Log onto your Vine account and record an original video on Vine showing off what you feel is a great space and add the hashtag #GreatSpace in the caption;
Entries must, in Sponsor’s sole discretion:
- Be entrant’s original creation and must not have been copied, in whole or in part, from any other work
Entries must NOT, in Sponsor’s sole discretion:
- Have previously won any prize in a promotion of any kind
- Be longer than one (1) Vine video (six (6) seconds in duration)
- Contain material that, in the sole discretion of Sponsor:
- Disparages any person, Sponsor and/or any of its affiliates’ products, competitors, or any of the Released Parties affiliated with sponsoring, promoting or administering this Contest, or other companies;
- Violates or infringes upon the copyrights, trademarks, or privacy, property, publicity or other intellectual property rights of any third party person/entity;
- Includes brand names, copyrighted work or trademarks/logos that may infringe on rights of any third party. The Entry may include Sponsor’s brand name, copyrighted works or trademarks/logos, which entrant is hereby granted a limited license to use solely for the purpose of creating and submitting an Entry to this Contest.
- Appears to duplicate any other submitted Entries;
- Is hateful, tortuous, defamatory, slanderous or libelous;
- Promotes bigotry, racism, sexism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age;
- Contains any personal identification, such as personal names, phone numbers or e-mail addresses, without permission;
- Contains materials embodying the names, likenesses, voices, or other indicia identifying any person, including, without limitation, celebrities and/or other public or private figures, living or dead, without permission;
- Contains look-alikes of celebrities or other public or private figures, living or dead, without permission;
- Promotes alcohol, illegal drugs, tobacco, firearms/weapons (or the use of any of the foregoing);
- Promotes any activities that may appear unsafe or dangerous;
- Is unlawful or in violation of any law;
- Contains any nudity, sexually explicit, lewd, offensive, disparaging or other inappropriate content;
- Is unsuitable to be entered into this Contest for any reason whatsoever, at Sponsor’s sole discretion; and/or
- Communicates messages or images inconsistent with the positive images and/or good will to which Sponsor and/or the Released Parties wish to associate, in Sponsor’s sole discretion.
- Judging Period/Judging Criteria: At the end of the Submission Period, a Judging Period will take place from 7/13/14-7/20/14. During the Judging Period, all Entries that comply with these Official Rules and Submission Guidelines, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, will be judged by representatives of Sponsor and/or Administrator (the “Judges”) based on the following Judging Criteria:
A) Adherence To The Contest Theme (40%)
B) Originality/Creativity (30%)
C) Overall Appeal/Quality (30%)
The Judges will assign each Entry a total percentage score (“Score”). The one (1) Entry with the highest Score will be the potential First Place winner. The next two (2) entries with the next highest Score(s) will be the potential Second Place and Third Place winners. In the event of a tie of two (2) or more Entries after the Scores have been assigned, tied Entries will be re-judged by the Judges based solely on criteria (A) above in order to break the tie. If necessary, after this first round of tie-breaking judging, a neutral tie-breaking Judge will be called upon to assign the tied Entries a final Score based upon all three (3) criteria above. The Judges decisions are final and binding with respect to all matters relating to the Contest.
6. Prizing: One (1) First Place winner will receive a five hundred dollar ($500) American Express Gift Card, one (1) Second Place winner will receive a two hundred and fifty dollar ($250) American Express Gift Card, and one (1) Third Place winner will receive a one hundred dollar ($100) American Express Gift Card. Incidental expenses and all other costs and expenses which are not specifically listed as part of a prize in these Official Rules and which may be associated with the award, acceptance, receipt and use of all or any portion of the awarded prize are solely the responsibility of the respective prize winner. ALL FEDERAL, STATE AND LOCAL TAXES ASSOCIATED WITH THE RECEIPT OR USE OF ANY PRIZE ARE SOLELY THE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE WINNER.
7. Prize Winner Notification/Verification: All potential winners must comply with these Official Rules as published in order to accept a prize and be confirmed as an official winner. On or about one (1) business day after the Contest has ended, Administrator will notify the potential prize winner(s) via a comment on the potential prize winner’s Vine Video used to enter the Contest (note: in order to receive such comment, you must use the hashtag: #GreatSpace in the caption of your Vine Video). Upon notification or notification attempt, the potential Prize winner(s) will be required to respond to such comment accepting the prize and providing his/her physical mailing address via email for prize delivery purposes within three (3) calendar days of such notification or notification attempt, or the prize will be forfeited, and an alternate potential prize winner will be selected and notified.
8. Additional Limitations: Prize is non-transferable and may be taxable under federal and state tax laws. No substitution or cash equivalent of prizes is permitted; however, the Sponsor reserves the right to substitute any prize with another of equal or greater value. Sponsor and its respective parent, affiliate and subsidiary companies, agents, and representatives are not responsible for any typographical or other errors in the offer or administration of the Contest, including, but not limited to, errors in any printing or posting or these Official Rules, the selection and announcement of any winner, or the distribution of any prize. Any attempt to damage the content or operation of this Contest is unlawful and subject to possible legal action by Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right to terminate, suspend or amend the Contest, without notice, and for any reason, including, without limitation, if Sponsor determines that the Contest cannot be conducted as planned or should a virus, bug, tampering or unauthorized intervention, technical failure or other cause beyond Sponsor’s control corrupt the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper play of the Contest. In the event any tampering or unauthorized intervention may have occurred, Sponsor reserves the right to void suspect entries at issue. Sponsor and its respective parent, affiliate and subsidiary companies, agents, and representatives, and any telephone network or service providers, are not responsible for incorrect or inaccurate transcription of entry information, or for any human error, technical malfunction, lost or delayed data transmission, omission, interruption, deletion, line failure or malfunction of any telephone network, computer equipment or software, the inability to access any website or online service or any other error, human or otherwise. INDEMNIFICATION AND LIMITATION OF LIABILITY BY ENTERING THE CONTEST, EACH ENTRANT AGREES TO INDEMNIFY, RELEASE AND HOLD HARMLESS SPONSOR AND ITS PARENT, AFFILIATE AND SUBSIDIARY COMPANIES, THE SOCIAL NETWORKING PLATFORM THAT HOUSES THE CONTEST (must be released according to Section 3.7.2) ADVERTISING AND PROMOTIONAL AGENCIES, AND ALL THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, REPRESENTATIVES AND AGENTS FROM ANY LIABILITY, DAMAGES, LOSSES OR INJURY RESULTING IN WHOLE OR IN PART, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, FROM THAT ENTRANT’S PARTICIPATION IN THE CONTEST AND THE ACCEPTANCE, USE OR MISUSE OF ANY PRIZE THAT MAY BE WON. SPONSOR AND ITS PARENT, AFFILIATE AND SUBSIDIARY COMPANIES DO NOT MAKE ANY WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AS TO THE CONDITION, FITNESS OR MERCHANTABILITY OF THE PRIZE. SPONSOR AND ITS PARENTS, SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, ADVERTISING AND PROMOTIONAL AGENCIES, AND ALL THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, REPRESENTATIVES AND AGENTS DISCLAIM ANY LIABILITY FOR DAMAGE TO ANY COMPUTER SYSTEM RESULTING FROM ACCESS TO OR THE DOWNLOAD OF INFORMATION OR MATERIALS CONNECTED WITH THE CONTEST PUBLICITY
By participating, each entrant grants Sponsor permission to use his/her name, likeness or comments for publicity purposes without payment of additional consideration, except where prohibited by law.
- Grant of Rights: Each entrant grants to Sponsor a royalty free, irrevocable, fully paid, perpetual, non-exclusive and unrestricted license in each Entry to display and use the Entry as Sponsor determines now and in the future and to publish, adapt, edit and/or modify each Entry in any way, in whole or in part, and to use such Entry in commerce and in any and all media now known or hereafter discovered, worldwide, including but not limited to the Galleries, without limitation or compensation to entrant and without right of notice, review, or approval of any such use of the Entry. By entering, you hereby indemnify and hold harmless the Released Parties from any claims and damages (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) arising from or relating to the breach or alleged breach of your representations and warranties herein, your Entry, or your conduct in creating your Entry, or otherwise in connection with this Contest. Sponsor respects the rights of others. The Galleries may contain materials of third parties and Sponsor may also transmit and store such third party materials. As a result, materials of third parties, not owned or controlled by Sponsor, may be included in the Galleries from the Entries received, or may be stored or transmitted over Sponsor’s digital online communication systems. To the best of Sponsor and Administrator’s knowledge, these materials do not infringe on the rights of others.
- General Terms: Noncompliance with any of these Official Rules may result in disqualification. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY ENTRANTS OR PRIZE WINNERS, OR ANY BEHAVIOR BY A PRIZE WINNER THAT WILL BRING SUCH WINNER OR SPONSOR INTO DISREPUTE (IN SPONSOR’S SOLE DISCRETION) MAY RESULT IN SUCH PRIZE WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION. Released Parties assume no responsibility for incorrect or inaccurate Entry information whether caused by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this Contest or by any human error, which may occur in the processing or judging of the Entries in this Contest. Released Parties are not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, applications, computer online systems, servers or other services, providers, computer equipment, Eligible Devices, software, failure of any e-mail, application, and/or or players on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, or any combination thereof, including, without limitation, any injury or damage to participant’s or any other person’s Eligible Device related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials relating to this Contest or for other errors or difficulties of any kind whether human, mechanical, electronic, computer, network, typographical, printing or otherwise relating to or in connection with the Contest, including, without limitation, errors or difficulties which may occur in connection with the notification/verification/announcement of the prize winners. If, for any reason, the Contest (or any portion thereof) is not capable of running as planned, including, without limitation, infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Contest, the Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest (or any portion thereof). Should the Contest (or any portion thereof) be terminated, modified or suspended prior to the stated expiration date, notice may be posted where Sponsor sees fit,and any un-awarded prizes will be awarded either via judging of all non-suspect, eligible Entries received up until and/or after (if applicable) the time of modification, cancellation or termination, or in a manner that is fair and equitable as determined by Sponsor. All interpretations of these Official Rules and decisions by Sponsor are final. No software-generated, robotic, programmed, script, macro or other automated Entries are permitted. Sponsor reserves the right in their sole discretion to disqualify any individual (and void all associated Entries) they suspect or find: (i) to have used a software-generated, robotic, programmed, script, macro or other automated entry or any other means to subvert the entry process; (ii) to have tampered with the entry process or the operation of this Contest; (iii) to be acting in violation of these Official Rules; (iv) to be acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person; or (v) to have provided inaccurate information on any legal documents submitted in connection with this Contest. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY ANY INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR APPLICATION ASSOCIATED WITH THIS CONTEST OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES AND OTHER REMEDIES (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ATTORNEY’S FEES) FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. THE NEW YORK COURTS (STATE AND FEDERAL) SHALL HAVE SOLE JURISDICTION OF ANY CONTROVERSIES REGARDING THE CONTEST AND THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF NEW YORK SHALL GOVERN THE CONTEST. EACH ENTRANT WAIVES ANY AND ALL OBJECTIONS TO JURISDICTION AND VENUE IN THESE COURTS AND HEREBY SUBMITS TO THE JURISDICTION OF THOSE COURTS. EACH ENTRANT AGREES TO RESOLVE ANY DISPUTE INDIVIDUALLY, WITHOUT RESORT TO A CLASS ACTION. Entrants agree that the Released Parties: (a) shall not be responsible or liable for any claims, losses, damages or injuries of any kind (including death) resulting, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from participation in the Contest or any Contest-related activity, or from acceptance, receipt, possession and/or use/misuse or inability to use a prize, and (b) have not made any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, with respect to a prize, including, without limitation, to such prize’s quality or fitness for a particular purpose. Released Parties shall not be liable for any injury, damage, loss, expense, accident, delay, inconvenience or irregularity that may be caused or contributed to (1) by any wrongful, negligent or unauthorized act or omission on the part of any of their agents, servants, employees or independent contractors; (2) by any wrongful, negligent or unauthorized act or omission on the part of any other person or entity not an employee of the Released Parties; or (3) by any other cause, condition or event whatsoever beyond the control of the Released Parties.Failure of Sponsor to enforce any provision herein shall not be deemed a waiver of such. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL ANY ENTRANT BE PERMITTED TO OBTAIN AWARDS FOR, AND ENTRANTS HEREBY WAIVE ALL RIGHTS TO CLAIM, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR ANY OTHER DAMAGES WHATSOEVER. IN NO EVENT SHALL SPONSOR BE LIABLE TO ANY ENTRANT OR WINNER FOR DAMAGES THAT EXCEED THE VALUE OF THE PRIZE TO BE AWARDED TO THE INDIVIDUAL ENTRANT IN THIS CONTEST.
11. Request for Official Rules and Winner(s): Requests for copies of these Official Rules or a winner’s list may be sent to Administrator, Attn: “#GreatSpace Vine Contest”, c/o Likeable Word of Mouth and Social Media Marketing, 240 w37th, New York, NY 10018. All requests must be received by July 13th, 2014.
12. Administrator: Likeable Word of Mouth and Social Media Marketing, 240 w37th, New York, NY 10018.
13. Sponsor: Extra Space Storage, 2795 E Cottonwood Pkwy Ste 400, Salt Lake City, UT 84121.
- The Luxurious World of Self Storage - December 17, 2014
- The Top Organizing Tip You’ll Ever Learn - November 17, 2014
- 5 Toys Your Kids Played With You Shouldn’t Throw Away - November 14, 2014
- Extra Space Storage Customer Turns Into a Hero for Veterans - November 11, 2014
- The Haunted House of Clutter – 12 Tips to Prevent Scary Clutter - October 29, 2014
- Fame, Sweet Fame - October 17, 2014
- DIY Fun: Hands-on Projects for Kids - October 15, 2014
- Tidy Ways to Organize Ugly Pet Supplies - October 13, 2014
- Creative Pet Nooks You’ll Fall Hard For - October 4, 2014
- 6 Spooktacular Halloween Costumes You Can Make Yourself - October 3, 2014