As we welcome the start of summer, there’s so much to look forward to: trips to the beach, new movies at the box office, and (quite possibly) a big move. We went through our film collections and found a few lessons about packing and storage.
Here are five moving tips we learned from movies.
1. The Wizard of Oz
Dorothy had the Yellow Brick Road; now we’re told: “Just follow the GPS.” But you don’t want to find yourself saying, “Uh oh, we’re not in Kansas anymore.” Always have a back-up plan. Double-check multiple mapping sites, or better yet, ask a local who knows the area.
2. Indiana Jones
Let’s be honest: The Ark of the Covenant was not stored properly. If you don’t have room for some of your family heirlooms (or, say, ancient artifacts wanted by villains), make sure to keep them safe and sound in a storage unit.
If you’re going to your home behind for more than a decade, it might be a good idea not to just put sheets over the furniture like James Bond did at his Skyfall estate. He may have a license to kill, but the guy’s not too smart when it comes to avoiding sun or flood damage while he’s away.
Sure, vehicle destruction is pretty awesome to watch on the big screen…but not so much in real life. Whether saving the world or transporting you to your destination, make sure you have your car covered. Avoid damage with insurance and vehicle storage.
5. Toy Story
While your childhood toys would surely love to have an epic adventure, you wouldn’t want any to escape along the move. Make sure to pack with proper storage supplies and secure your boxes.
- Create Baby Memory Boxes for Tomorrow - January 30, 2015
- What You Should Know Before Moving to Orlando - January 29, 2015
- 5 Things You Need To Know Before Choosing a Storage Unit - January 28, 2015
- Tips for Moving to Dallas/Fort Worth - January 26, 2015
- Store Your Honeymoon Mementos to Create Unique Keepsakes - January 23, 2015
- Small Home Living: Making Room for Baby - January 21, 2015
- 10 Things You Probably Didn’t Realize You Should Not Throw Away - January 19, 2015
- Running an eBay Business Out of a Storage Unit - January 16, 2015
- 5 Questions You Probably Have About Self Storage - January 14, 2015
- Safe Storage Protects Your Memories for Tomorrow - January 12, 2015