Packing long-stemmed wine glasses for a move can be quite a challenge. There’s nothing worse than finally getting all moved in, eagerly unpacking a box, and then finding out your glasses didn’t survive the journey! Here’s a quick and easy way to pack wine glasses that will ensure their protection.
What You’ll Need
- Padding (newspaper or packing paper)
- Cardboard box
- Packing tape
- Permanent marker
What To Do
- Crumple paper into the bottom of the cardboard box for padding.
- Ball up a piece of paper and stuff the inside of the glass to support it.
- Lay the glass flat on its side on top of a the paper. Pull the corners of the paper over the glass.
- Roll the glass in the paper, gently pushing some of the paper into the glass. Fold the rest of the paper under the base of the glass.
- Wrap the glass once more for added protection.
- Add a layer of paper on top of the glass and fill in all gaps with paper (you shouldn’t be able to shake the box without any rattling around).
- Mark the box “FRAGILE” in large letters.
- How to Pack Wine Glasses (The Easy Way) - May 14, 2014
- Cheat Sheet: Your Moving Day Checklist - May 12, 2014
- Just How Big is that Storage Unit? - May 9, 2014
- Safely Store Your RV - April 28, 2014
- 5 Tips for Packing Your Stuff for Storage - April 21, 2014
- Storing Your Cold-Weather Items - April 14, 2014
- Right-sizing Your Storage Unit - April 9, 2014
- Spring-cleaning Your Storage Unit - April 4, 2014
- Meet the Storage Unit Size Calculator - March 31, 2014
- How to Monitor Your Storage Unit’s Climate Control - March 24, 2014