One thing I find annoying is wanting to buy an item or service, but not being able to figure out exactly what I need. It can help to talk with a salesperson, but sometimes I just want to get my answers quietly at 10 p.m. with a laptop balanced on my lap while I click around on the TV. And I don’t think I’m alone! If you’re wondering what size storage unit you need, the good news is that – night owl or early bird – you can get an answer right away, wherever you are.
Storage Calculator Gives Quick Answers to Storage Unit Size Questions
You really can find out what size storage unit you need with just a few simple clicks! If you haven’t done so already, make a list of items to store, then get started.
Here’s how simple it is to find your storage unit size:
- Go to the Storage Calculator.
- Refer to your list of items to store.
- Click on the arrows beside each description to match your desired number of items. (To add to the quantity, click the top arrow. To subtract, click the bottom arrow.)
Tip: If you have a custom item not mentioned on the calculator, simply add the dimensions in the Custom Items field at the bottom.
A Storage Calculator Example
I made a list of items to store, and then visited the Storage Calculator. Since I already knew what I wanted to store, it only took two minutes to complete the Storage Calculator!
As you can tell from the example above, I decided to store the following items: couch, coffee table, entertainment center, two TVs, filing cabinet, refrigerator, queen bed, nightstand, golf bag, five medium boxes, two large boxes, and a 16 x 20 piece of art (entered in the Custom Items field).
After clicking Calculate Now, I had my answer: I need 55 square feet of storage space, and the recommended unit size is a 10 x 10 storage unit. The results page also offers you the opportunity to enter your ZIP code to easily find your recommended size for a storage unit near you. It’s really that easy!
- How to Pack Wine Glasses (The Easy Way) - May 14, 2014
- Cheat Sheet: Your Moving Day Checklist - May 12, 2014
- Just How Big is that Storage Unit? - May 9, 2014
- Safely Store Your RV - April 28, 2014
- 5 Tips for Packing Your Stuff for Storage - April 21, 2014
- Storing Your Cold-Weather Items - April 14, 2014
- Right-sizing Your Storage Unit - April 9, 2014
- Spring-cleaning Your Storage Unit - April 4, 2014
- Meet the Storage Unit Size Calculator - March 31, 2014
- How to Monitor Your Storage Unit’s Climate Control - March 24, 2014