You may have heard the old real estate mantra “location, location, location,” but when it comes to storage spaces there’s another characteristic that’s very important too: Accessibility! Drive-up units are ideal for many reasons, but perhaps the biggest factor in their popularity is easy access. Keep reading to learn more, and perhaps figure out if you’d love a drive-up storage unit too.
Exterior Entry Means Quick Access
When you have a drive-up storage unit, you can pull your automobile directly up to your storage unit for quicker, easier unloading or loading. For businesses, this quick access translates into more time to devote to making a profit. Plus, ground floor access means you can save your energy too!
Ideal Solution for Storing Larger Equipment
Landscapers and other professionals who use large equipment often find that drive-up storage offers the best amount of secure and convenient storage space. And when equipment is safely stored out of the elements, business owners may get a better return from their equipment investment, not to mention peace of mind knowing that important equipment is stored in a secure environment.
An Extra One-Car Garage with High Ceilings
Think of your drive-up storage unit as an extra one-car garage away from your house, apartment or business. (Square footage can vary, but drive-up storage units are generally the size of a one-car garage.) An added bonus is high ceilings that reach at least 10 feet, but up to 20 feet in some cases.
Customizable for Maximum Use
Drive-up storage units already feature roll-up doors that help maximize available storage space, but there are other ways you can get more out of your space. Take advantage of free carpeting and pallets to help you customize your unit for your needs and keep items off of the floor.
Get the Best of Both Worlds
While drive-up storage offers the convenience of easy, exterior access, you can make things even better with climate control. When you choose a climate-controlled storage unit, you won’t have to worry about temperature changes and humidity damaging your belongings. Climate control keeps your unit at a safe temperature between 50 and 80 degrees.
Are you loving drive-up storage units yet? If you think that these storage units are for you, but you’d like to see more, watch our video on drive-up storage. And, if you’re new to renting storage spaces, find answers to your storage questions.
What is your favorite type of storage unit? Have you ever wanted an extra one-car garage?
- 6 Tips to Get Through Your Own Apocalypse - October 15, 2015
- 10 Storage Fails That’ll Make You Laugh - August 26, 2015
- Remodeling the American Landscape: Changing Buildings into Self Storage - August 6, 2015
- 10 Funniest Internet Photos About Storage and Moving - July 13, 2015
- Entrepreneurs Debate Glitzy Office Space or Bare-Bone Unit - July 9, 2015
- Shop-Happy Americans Have Plenty to Store (shocking stats) - June 11, 2015
- The Notable Portable - May 20, 2015
- 7 Reactions to Storage That Will Make You Laugh - April 21, 2015
- Bigger IS Better, Right? - April 16, 2015
- Five More Storage Containers You Can Make Yourself - February 19, 2015