Valentine’s Day is just around the corner. If you have kids, get ready for flurries of sparkles and pink-and-red construction paper.
Chances are your little whipper-snappers will need card boxes to take to school or parties. Why not have them make their own?
Here are some imaginative DIY Valentine’s box ideas to get the creative juices flowing.
- “You’ve got mail” box. It’s like a real mailbox, only small and made of cardboard.
- Paper-plate heart pocket. An easy little cardholder made of the simplest materials.
- Monster Valentine’s box. A lot of personality and a big mouth ready to gobble cards.
- Cereal box cardholder. Neat, pretty, and easy to make.
- Cardboard pirate ship box. A bit complicated, but offering a great sea-worthy result.
- School bus card box. Perfect for Valentine’s parties at school.
- Tissue-box Valentine’s holder. A small and simple box, ready for any decoration.
- Shoebox cardholder. The classic Valentine’s card box.
- Posterboard make-your-own box. Kids make both the box and the decoration. Truly DIY.
What types of card boxes have you made in the past? What are the most creative ideas you’ve come across?How To Hold All That Love? DIY Valentine's Boxes for Kids by Emily Emmer