All over your home lie scads of useful and under-appreciated items. Many things you assume have only one purpose are actually perfect for other tasks. Here are 15 ideas to give your junk drawer a whole new life.
- Use a staple remover to add keys to your key ring.
- Use a rubber band to scrape the excess paint off your brush.
- Use a dustpan to fill large containers with water.
- Use a hanging shoe rack to organize your cleaning supplies.
- Use a pool noodle to keep your kid from falling out of bed.
- Use a toilet paper roll as a cuff to keep wrapping paper straight.
- Use a can opener to open rigid plastic packages.
- Use toothpaste to clean car headlights.
- Use an old lotion bottle to keep valuables at the beach.
- Use an old lotion bottle to make a holder for charging your cell phone.
- Use nail polish to differentiate your keys.
- Use soda can tabs to make more space in your closet.
- Use a stocking secured over your vacuum hose to find small, lost objects.
- Use a CD spindle as a bagel container.
- Use a pants hanger as a recipe holder.
There are plenty more great ideas where these came from. What are you favorite lifehacks?15 Totally Ingenious Uses for Everyday Things by Garret Stembridge