Self-storage isn’t just for suburbanites with minivans. There are plenty of facilities in urban areas, perfect for city-dwellers to supplement the limited space in their apartments.
Chicago has just gained one more storage option in its urban core. The newest Extra Space facility joins the other three near the central business district in offering secure, quality storage to the city’s residents.
The new building, at 1242 W Washington Blvd, has a lot to recommend it to those tightly packed urbanites. Located in the center of the Near West Side neighborhood, right next door to the Loop, the facility is near major universities, hospitals, and cultural centers. UIC students might find it a convenient place to store their stuff during the summer. The building is also convenient to highways, sitting adjacent to I-90 and I-290.
The 137 units in the 16,067 square-foot building are available 24/7, and a covered parking deck will keep your items dry as you move in and out. Video surveillance and electronic gate access ensures security, and the option of climate-control means your things can be stored in the best condition possible.
The building is easy to access; a loading dock and free move-in truck can help with bigger moves, and elevators serve all levels of the facility. Spanish-speaking staff can help customers get set up and answer any questions.
- Extra Space Named a Top Investment Pick for 2014 - January 31, 2014
- New Spot for your Stuff in Downtown Chicago - December 20, 2013
- Family Feud Meets Self Storage – Infographic - December 4, 2013
- New Storage in Richmond, California - November 20, 2013
- Where to Stow your Bikes, Skis, and Boots in Colorado Springs - November 19, 2013
- Westminster, Colorado, Gets the Storage It Deserves - November 17, 2013
- Newly Launched Storage Customer App - June 17, 2013
- Best of Extra Space Storage: 900 Nationwide Facilities, Budget Truck Rental Partnership and Our Spanish Mobile Site - August 10, 2012
- The Extra Space Storage Genesis - January 18, 2012
- A Message to Kris Humphries - November 17, 2011