Is it beginning to look a lot like Christmas at your house? If not, here’s some help! These DIY Christmas decorations will have your place looking more festive in no time. But why should you make your own ornaments and garland? I can think of three good reasons: create fun memories, bond with family members, and save more cash for gifts or to give to charity. Whether you choose to craft endearing reindeer garland or bright, sparkly animal ornaments, please have fun with your DIY holiday!
Charming DIY Christmas Garland
Turns out, you can make a Christmas garland for peanuts. Or at least, with peanuts! Raw Bone Studio made a peanut garland featuring reindeer, snowmen and Santa figures. With a few materials like cotton and paint (and some imagination), you can transform peanuts into a DIY holiday garland too!
If you have some extra canning lids begging for attention, you may have a Mason jar lid garland in your future. To make this bright DIY Christmas garland, follow the tutorial at DIY on the Cheap.
Santa Claus is coming to your mantel! With a little twine, paper, a red jingle bell and template from The Proper Pinwheel, you can have your very own DIY Santa and reindeer garland.
Beautiful DIY Christmas Ornaments
Take a cue from nature, and decorate with twiggy trees! Michele Made Me craft blog shares a tutorial on how to make these sweet little twiggy Christmas tree ornaments.
Be wise, and make your own DIY glitter owl Christmas ornaments. Just Crafty Enough explains how to craft these cute Christmas owl ornaments. Make one for the owl lover on your list!
It’s amazing how a bit of spray paint and glitter paint can transform little plastic animals. Get the instructions for sparkly, glittery animal ornaments at Curbly.
More Ideas for DIY Ornaments and Garlands
- Repurpose those tiles (if you’re tired of playing Scrabble), and make Scrabble ornaments.
- Add a background to cookie cutters to create cookie cutter ornaments.
- Use pages of an old book for smart DIY book page garland!
- Get outside to gather your materials for holiday twig garland.
- Repurpose those cardboard boxes into an igloo ornament for the tree.
- Create some surprisingly simple felt ornaments of Charlie Brown and the Peanuts gang.
Even if you have all of the decorations you need this year, DIY Christmas ornaments make great party favors or adornments for gifts! And you can always decorate your office with some DIY garland.
Are you making your own Christmas ornaments this year? What kind of garland do you use for holiday decorating?
- Goodbye Shorts, Hello Sweaters: How to Make Room for Fall Fashion - August 22, 2014
- 8 Easy, Crucial Steps to Follow for Moving Back In with Mom and Dad - August 8, 2014
- 7 Steps to Prepare Yourself for When Your Adult Child Moves Home - August 6, 2014
- And They’re Off! (How to Help Your Kids Pack for College) - August 4, 2014
- This One Tip is Guaranteed to Improve Your Yard Sale Turnout - July 30, 2014
- 5 Tips for Your Summer Yard Sale - July 10, 2014
- 4 Steps for Taking Your Boat Out of Storage - July 3, 2014
- 5 Storage Tips from America’s Founding Fathers - July 2, 2014
- 7 Things Dad Has in His Man Cave - June 9, 2014
- 6 Simple Ways to Stay Organized for the Holidays - December 18, 2013