With these lovely fall days, it’s the best time to get your whole house clean before the winter. I’m talking about your whole house, including your attic and garage. After all, when temperatures hover around 70 degrees, it’s the ideal time to clean unheated areas like your garage or attic, and get outside to clean the windows.
Why put that pumpkin spice latte on a coaster and bother with these jobs? It’s all for a sense of comfort and satisfaction. And, you’re usually too busy with everyday cleaning tasks like dusting and dishes to really take a deeper look at your home. You might be surprised by how much you overlook each day!
Fall Clean Your Whole Home
Tackle these 10 tasks this fall, and you can sit back and enjoy a clean home for the holidays.
- Remove everything from your pantry and wash the door, walls and shelves.
- Take your dishes out of the cabinets, and wash the shelves and cabinet doors. Replace shelf liner if needed.
- Clean the inside and outside of your refrigerator, and vacuum the condenser coils. Move the appliance away from the wall and clean the floor.
- Dust ceiling fans, and clean light fixtures and lamps.
- Move big furniture, including your bed, and vacuum or mop underneath.
- Clean the baseboards.
- Steam your carpets, and have your area rugs cleaned. If you’re using a professional to clean your carpet, schedule as soon as possible. It’s their busy time of year!
- Clean your interior and exterior doors and windows, plus wash window treatments.
- Take down cobwebs in the garage, and clean the floor.
- Sweep the attic floor, and look for signs of pests. If you’ve been meaning to have a garage sale to clear out space in your attic, go for it. This is a good time to sell or donate unwanted Christmas decorations.
Whew! That’s a lot of work, but you don’t have to do it all in one day. And you can even use a vacation day or two to get a head start. Play for half the day, fall clean for the rest, and go to bed happy!
Do you have a regular fall cleaning routine? What is your least favorite fall cleaning task?
- What Presidents Would Have in Their Storage Units - February 16, 2015
- 7 Things in Your Closet You Should Give to Charity - December 8, 2014
- 10 Cheap Ways to Keep Toasty This Winter - November 5, 2014
- 15 DIY Holiday Gifts to Start Creating Today - November 3, 2014
- Watch Out for These Scary Storage Nightmares - October 30, 2014
- Tricks for Saving Your Halloween Treats - October 27, 2014
- 7 Ways To Make Your Neighbors Envy Your Yard This Fall - October 8, 2014
- 5 Wedding Gifts That Will Last Forever – Memories Live Here - September 19, 2014
- 10 Summer Items You Should Store This Fall: Which Will You Choose? - September 16, 2014
- 5 Lessons TV’s New Girl Can Teach Us About Moving - September 15, 2014