I think the decision to have a cut Christmas tree or an artificial one has become rather boring. There are so many other options for holiday trees. Some of these alternative Christmas trees may not technically be green, but they are certainly sustainable, as well as fun!
Christmas Tree Alternatives
These alternative Christmas trees have a lot going for them. Some of the trees help you save space, while others save you some cash. Plus, isn’t it more fun to make your own Christmas tree from costume jewelry, or even a ladder?
Chalk Christmas Tree
Chalk it up to being artistic, but chalk Christmas trees are making their way into many homes for the holidays. To join in, create a canvas for your chalk tree using blackboard fabric or chalkboard paint. Then, sketch away with chalk.
Metallic Seashell Christmas Trees
This is why Sally sold seashells by the seashore! I love these metallic seashell Christmas trees. They’re the perfect size for decorating. At The Picket Fence has the tutorial.
Vintage Costume Jewelry Holiday Tree
Vintage costume jewelry is easy to find at antique stores, and now you have an excuse to buy some! A vintage costume jewelry Christmas tree can turn into a conversation piece, and a family heirloom. You can’t say that about live trees! Burlap & Denim explains how to make your own vintage costume jewelry Christmas tree.
Wine Cork Christmas Tree
You knew you were saving wine corks for a reason. If you don’t want to make your own wine cork Christmas tree, you can buy a holiday tree made from repurposed wine corks on etsy!
More Ideas for Sustainable Holiday Trees
- Stack drums and string lights on them for a musical Christmas tree!
- Create a ladder tree.
- Turn a clothes drying rack into a Christmas tree.
- Buy a live potted tree and plant it outside later.
- Select a recycled cardboard tree.
Even if you’re sticking with your traditional Christmas tree, I hope that you’ve found some tabletop decorating inspiration!
Are you using an alternative holiday tree this year? Have you ever crafted your own DIY Christmas tree?
- 5 Tips for Your Summer Yard Sale - July 10, 2014
- 4 Steps for Taking Your Boat Out of Storage - July 3, 2014
- 5 Storage Tips from America’s Founding Fathers - July 2, 2014
- 7 Things Dad Has in His Man Cave - June 9, 2014
- 6 Simple Ways to Stay Organized for the Holidays - December 18, 2013
- Don’t Let Winter Decorating Eat Up Your Savings: 3 Tips to Lower Costs - December 2, 2013
- Prepare to Winterize the Backyard Furniture - November 27, 2013
- Prepare to Winterize! Backyard edition - November 27, 2013
- Craft Some DIY Christmas Garlands and Ornaments - November 26, 2013
- Ten Fall Cleaning Jobs to Start Now - November 25, 2013