One of the enduring symbols of fall has to be the pumpkin. More than just a fun activity for kids to join in and decorate for Halloween, pumpkins can be used all throughout the Fall as a perfect decorating tool for both in the yard and around the house.
Pumpkins and gourds, both large and small make great bases to start decorating, and they can be bought relatively inexpensively. Meaning you can use an abundance of them all over your home to make a perfect fall impression.
Let’s take a look at a couple quick and easy ideas you can use to get your Fall pumpkin decorations going.
When decorating for specific seasons, the last thing a lot of people want to do is start a massive project that has a lot of messy clean up. This project is just about the opposite, it’s quick, clean and very easy.
At your local grocery store (or pumpkin patch), look for an assortment of small and round pumpkins, you can vary the size for a different look, but usually you will be able to have a collection of these for only a few dollars.
Once you have your pumpkins, it’s time to hit up your craft closet, find scraps of various ribbons. All you need now is to use a bit of glue or double sided tape and wrap a scrap of ribbon around the middle of each pumpkin.
These mini pumpkins can then be used all over the house, place them on the mantle, in a vase, or terrarium. Or, for a front porch place them in a wooden or wicker basket.
Another easy way to decorate your Fall pumpkins without having to do anything in the way of carving and scooping is to use paint. Pumpkins make a fantastic blank canvas, and there are plenty of ways to decorate them with paint to match your home and decor.
For a more upscale look, consider spray painting your pumpkins in silver or gold. These can give a really rich appearance that will contrast nicely with some other common Fall decorations like cranberries, fallen leaves and pine cones.
Or, if you want to utilize more of a creative flair, paint various design elements on your pumpkins. With this project, you can use pumpkins of all shapes and sizes, a couple of small containers of paint and your imagination.
To make specific lines, consider using strips of painters tape, or stencils, in order to keep your designs neat and tidy. Use the stencils to spell out words, a note of welcome, or even your home street numbers, the choice is yours.
Using some of these techniques, you will be able to showcase a creative and unique way to use pumpkins for all your Fall decor.
What are some of your favorite pumpkin decorating ideas for the Fall? Let us know in the comments!
- 5 Storage Solutions for Father’s Day - June 9, 2015
- Not Your Mother’s Storage Solutions: 5 Crazy Ideas - May 8, 2015
- What Presidents Would Have in Their Storage Units - February 16, 2015
- 7 Things in Your Closet You Should Give to Charity - December 8, 2014
- 10 Cheap Ways to Keep Toasty This Winter - November 5, 2014
- 15 DIY Holiday Gifts to Start Creating Today - November 3, 2014
- Watch Out for These Scary Storage Nightmares - October 30, 2014
- Tricks for Saving Your Halloween Treats - October 27, 2014
- 7 Ways To Make Your Neighbors Envy Your Yard This Fall - October 8, 2014
- 5 Wedding Gifts That Will Last Forever – Memories Live Here - September 19, 2014