Fall is officially upon us! And that means for those who love to decorate for each season it is time to start taking down those summer items and replacing them with some new projects and crafts.
One of the best ways to decorate for the seasons is get creative. It’s a lot more fun to spend time by yourself, or even better, with the kids making decorations that you can proudly show off around the house.
What makes Fall for most people are all the different colors the season brings, from the rich hues of cranberries, to the bright fallen leaves to the deep orange of pumpkins, there is color abound.
However, what you can do in order to make your decorations have the essence of Fall coupled with some interesting looks and sophistication is to make all your decorations in one color scheme.
One of the more elegant ways to do this is by spray painting all of your decor one color like silver, bronze or white. With this look you present fall items, but in a very different and unique way than most people normally expect.
What’s more Fall than Halloween, and what reminds most people of the holiday? Candy! So who says you can’t use a bit of that traditional Halloween candy to add in a little bit of fun to your decor? Plus, it might help you keep it away from the kids!
One of the easiest ways to use candy is to pour it into candle holders. Whereas normally you might have rocks or glass beads in there, candy corn makes the perfect substitution. You can pump up the holiday decor of your home in one of the quickest and easiest ways possible, plus candy corn has all the fall colors!
Another easy way to use Halloween candy for decor is by making candy globes. Grab some of those Styrofoam globes from your local craft store. Using just a drop of hot glue from your glue gun, add the candy to the globe. Let dry for a few hours, and you have a perfect Fall holiday piece.
These are just a few of the options you can think about when you are starting to plan out your ideas for Fall holiday decorating in your home. What are some of your favorite DIY crafts for the fall?
Let us know in the comments!
- DIY Gifts from the Heart: Celebrate Your Valentine’s Achievements - February 5, 2016
- 5 Tips to Keep Your House Organized in the Winter - January 19, 2016
- The Ultimate Declutter Guide: Tips on How to Organize - January 14, 2016
- How to Set the Best New Year’s Resolutions - December 30, 2015
- Holiday Decorations to Create and Keep Forever - December 16, 2015
- The Perfect Gifts to Make for Loved Ones - December 7, 2015
- #GettingToTomorrow: The Best Advice for Making it Through Your Personal Apocalypse - December 4, 2015
- 5 Ways to Save Thanksgiving Recipes - November 17, 2015
- Should You Consider Moving Somewhere New? - November 12, 2015
- How to Preserve a Wedding Dress for Future Daughters - November 3, 2015