Kim Rohrer blogs at Kim’s Kitchen Sink about everything interesting including things like knitting, gardening, baking, technology, and friendship.
A friend and I were recently discussing the phenomenon known as Organization Envy. It’s what happens to all of us when we ooh and aah over gorgeous spaces that we don’t actually believe we could ever have. And no, I’m not here to tell you that “you too can have it all”. That’s another post for another day. No, I’m here to gush over spaces I can never have.
I’ve heard that some folks actually have rooms like these in their homes. People who live out in the suburbs, or in the midwest where houses are larger and cheaper. But this concept of an extra room used just for crafting is pretty foreign to me out here in the Bay Area! I have a 3-drawer dresser in the living room that I use for craft supply storage, and I consider myself very lucky.
Join me as I journey down the rabbit hole, won’t you?
This first one comes from Martha Stewart. And yeah, ok, it’s from her set. So it’s not technically real, like it’s in someone’s actual house. But still. It’s drool-worthy. Even though it’s part laundry room, part craft room.
This one comes to us via a website called Two Twenty One (found through Pinterest, of course). I love the use of the IKEA Expedit, and the little jars on shelves. Click through to her site to see the rest of the room…it’s gorgeous. And I love that she used almost all IKEA stuff.
Love love love the peg board. And the chandelier is a little over the top, but I like how it kind of classes the room up a bit, makes it special and fancy. Check it out.
Is this someone’s craft room or a store??
This closet. Who needs a craft room when you have a closet like this? Although…where do you do the actual crafting? Is this closet in a dining room? I don’t believe it’s real.
I am obsessed with this idea…expect a post from me about this in the next few months…
And this isn’t craft-related, but would you take a look at this pantry!?
I mean, it’s a hoarder’s organizer’s heaven in there!
Do you experience Organization Envy? Do you have one of these mysterious crafting rooms in your house? Want to show me pictures and make me jealous?
- Home Depot’s 8 Simple Storage Solutions for Holiday Lights - December 1, 2014
- If Only There Was an App to do Your Move - October 17, 2014
- Smart and Valuable Fire Safety Self-Storage Tips - August 19, 2014
- 3 Tips for Coordinating Storage During Your Move - July 29, 2014
- A Revolutionary Adventure, Thanks to Self-storage - May 16, 2014
- How to Fit Everything You Own in a 5’ x 10’ Storage Unit - April 16, 2014
- Moving? Don’t Lose Sight Of Your Valuables! - November 18, 2013
- The Phenomenon Known as Organization Envy! - November 13, 2013
- One Man’s Trash is a Charity’s Treasure – Tips for Donating Your Excess Items - November 12, 2013
- 3 Design Concepts that Prevent Theft at Work - November 6, 2013