Fall is coming, along with its stunning colors. If you’re looking for a little inspiration for home decoration, take a cue from Mother Nature and incorporate the season’s palette into your design choices and decorating projects.
What better place to look for ideas than Pinterest? As you can imagine, pumpkins play a starring roll in the fall-colors Pinterest universe. Orange and yellow glow from every page, mixed here and there with a little brown and red.
The Cushion Source devotes itself entirely to pumpkin-based decor on its page titled ‘Decorating with Pumpkins: The Colors of Fall!’ Kelly Porter’s ‘The Colors of Fall’ board pins pumpkin-themed table settings and pumpkins decorated with all sorts of materials.
The Rag Bag of Shelby branches out from the pumpkins on the ‘Fall Decorating’ page, which features falls garlands, pillows, and even a window treatment. Susie Rustad’s ‘Fall Décor’ page includes Thanksgiving centerpieces, apple votives, and autumn wreaths.
Linda Peck’s ‘fall decorations’ page showcases several creative uses for fall leaves, such as combining them with white candles for an autumnal centerpiece and simply placing a bouquet of them in a mason jar on your table. Pam @ House of Hawthornes’ ‘Fall Decorating’ page overflows with eclectic and elegant ideas, such as decorating with orange chrysanthemums and making a fall wreath out of Indian corn.
Those looking to use fall colors in furnishings and on walls will also find pages to inspire ideas. FleaPop’s ‘Fall into Fall’ page pins autumn-appropriate furniture and housewares, like orange chairs and drawer-pulls, woodsy tables, and brown patterned pillows. Ryan Callicott’s ‘Decorating With Fall Colors’ page focuses on how to use the palette in your home’s décor, such as by placing a yellow lamp on a side table, painting your walls rusty orange, or decorating with the branch of a Japanese maple.
- Colorado Springs Gains 24/7 Access Storage Option - November 14, 2013
- Bring Fall to you With a DIY Fall Festival - November 11, 2013
- Fast-Growing Palm Coast, Florida, Gets the Storage it Needs - November 9, 2013
- DIY: No-sew Curtains and Shades - November 4, 2013
- Three Easy Ways to Decorate Your Home for Fall - November 1, 2013
- Pinterest Favorites: Halloween Tricks and Treats - October 30, 2013
- Why Getting Your Deck Ready for Winter isn’t as Bad as You Think - October 25, 2013
- Survive Fall Sports Season With These Storage Tips - October 21, 2013
- Pinterest Favorites: Decorating with Fall Colors - October 18, 2013
- Would you Peg Your Storage with SmartJars? New idea on Kickstarter - October 16, 2013