If you’re like me, you’ve been searching a long time for the best storage solution for spices, craft supplies and small doodads. I’m talking about storage containers that close securely, are uniform in size and safe for food, plus can be hung on the wall to save space.
It looks like that great storage solution may be here, or almost here! The SmartJars Pegboard Organizer seems very promising, but you can’t actually purchase the product just yet. That’s part of the excitement.
SmartJars on Kickstarter
SmartJars are featured on Kickstarter right now. The creators of SmartJars are The Strollo Design Company of sunny San Diego, California. Their goal is to raise $30,000 by November 5. If they reach that goal, those funds will be used to offset the upfront production costs of the first production run.
Currently, the SmartJars creators are just over a third of the way to their goal. At Kickstarter, it’s all or nothing. So, if they don’t reach their goal by the deadline, they get a big nothing.
But what do you get if you support the project? Well, those who pledge support for SmartJars will be among the first to receive the product! Exciting, right? Now, for some more details about this attractive storage solution.
Features of SmartJars
- They’re simple: a jar, lid and dock.
- Jars are food-safe, BPA-free and air-tight. They hold 1.25 cups or 10 fluid ounces.
- Lids are transparent, making it easy to find what you need. But you also have the option to use labels.
- Dock fits onto a standard pegboard, which you supply separately.
- Docks may be arranged vertically or horizontally on the pegboard. Each dock takes up three inches by three inches.
- Range of colors for docks include red, gray, yellow, black, white and blue.
- Product is made in the U.S., and tested and designed for storing all sorts of things like heavier nuts and bolts, or beading and jewelry-making supplies.
What to Do with SmartJars
SmartJars can be used for organizing your kitchen, office, sewing room, craft room or garage. You may even be able to get rid of your junk drawer! But what I love most is that there are so many ways to arrange your SmartJars on the pegboard. I’ll definitely keep my eye on this interesting storage product.
What do you think? Would you peg your storage with SmartJars? Do you support projects on Kickstarter? What’s your favorite way to store craft supplies?