Storage doesn’t have to mar the elegance of your abode. There are plenty of stylish ways to stow your stuff. Here are ten ideas.
2. Get basket storage. Baskets are pretty and useful. Place wicker baskets on below-sink shelves to hold toiletries, on bookshelves in the study to house odds and ends, or on the kitchen counter to keep useful ingredients.
3. Put drawers to use. How to outfit a small kitchen? This Old House suggests installing pull-out pantry units in your kitchen. There are many versions of this useful idea, from tall ones to short ones to build-it-yourself ones.
4. Float your shelves. Create a light and airy effect using shelves that seem to hover, whether they’re holding bathroom supplies, kitchen essentials, or decorative touches.
5. Color-coordinate your containers. Setting up a storage space containing matching receptacles of varying sizes is an attractive and useful way to organize your things.
7. Peg it up. Pegboards can be put to a multitude of uses, one of the most tried-and-true of which is hanging up your pots and pans. Also use this technique for your tools, office supplies, jewelry, and anything else you can hang.
8. Go with bins and boxes. Hide your odds and ends away in pretty boxes and bins that can stack well and slide into bookshelves or a media console.
9. Roll it away. Putting old-fashioned crates on casters is a cute way to corral kids’ toys and keep them out of the way easily.
10. Stash it in cubbies. Cubbyholes are especially useful for storing kid stuff—shoes in cubbies by the door, art supplies in cubbies in the playroom—or anything else that will fit in a cube.
What are your favorite house-beautiful storage techniques and ideas?
Stylish Storage- 10 Fantastic Ideas! by Jessica Johnson