Last year, my friend Anna wrote an article for organizing summer with kids. It was so fun, I asked her if she had any new ideas for this summer and she did! Here is part five of the Summer Fun by the Weekday series – Jessica Johnson
Most of our week is spent doing chores, reading, and having a fun family activity. Sometimes there is little time for playing with friends—maybe an hour here or there. We like to dedicate our Fridays to really playing with friends.
I’ve compiled a few tips for your Friend Fridays below.
Friends are always fun to play with in the summer, but I have found that it can get out of control some times. If we have a day dedicated to friends coming over, we have more family time and the friend time is even more fun. Try one of these summertime parties with friends (no birthday necessary):
- Book Swap
- Artsy Heartsy Party
- Camping in the Backyard
- Outdoor Kids Tea Party
- Sprinkler Party
- Cookie Making Party (or Ice Cream Sundaes)
- S’mores Party
- Water Balloon Fight (twice in one article? You better believe it!)
We also like to play video games, go check out the dollar movies, make cookies, and play “street games” or “night games” with our friends. Here our some of our favorite street games:
- Ghosts in the Graveyard
- Sardines and other Hide and Seek games
- Capture the Flag
- Red Rover
- Stuck in the Mud
Am I missing any?
I love to have a lot of the summer mapped out before it begins, but I also know the trick to a happy summer is to LET GO! If we want to go to the movies on Thursday (and not with a coupon—ha!) or have friends over on Tuesday, who really cares? We will roll with the punches, but having some idea always helps things run more smoothly. As long as the kids have clean rooms and are reading a lot of books!
What are your favorite parties for kids in the summer? Do you have a dedicated friend day? What are your fun weekly summer plans like this year?
- Colorado Springs Gains 24/7 Access Storage Option - November 14, 2013
- Bring Fall to you With a DIY Fall Festival - November 11, 2013
- Fast-Growing Palm Coast, Florida, Gets the Storage it Needs - November 9, 2013
- DIY: No-sew Curtains and Shades - November 4, 2013
- Three Easy Ways to Decorate Your Home for Fall - November 1, 2013
- Pinterest Favorites: Halloween Tricks and Treats - October 30, 2013
- Why Getting Your Deck Ready for Winter isn’t as Bad as You Think - October 25, 2013
- Survive Fall Sports Season With These Storage Tips - October 21, 2013
- Pinterest Favorites: Decorating with Fall Colors - October 18, 2013
- Would you Peg Your Storage with SmartJars? New idea on Kickstarter - October 16, 2013