Last year, my friend Anna wrote an article for organizing summer with kids. It was so fun, I asked her if she had any new ideas for this summer and she did! Here is Part 3 of the Summer Fun by the Weekday series – Jessica Johnson
We tried a new trail last week for our Trail Tuesdays, and can I just say that I am so glad we have a day dedicated to getting out with nature? I love it. It was pretty hot, though, which was a perfect lead in to Water Wednesday! Some of you might already have your kids in swim team or lessons. Use Wednesdays to spice up the water playing.
What is summer without some playing in the water? Pretty boring, if you ask me. We used to live in Arizona, where it was almost mandatory to have a pool in your backyard. Now we don’t. There are always local pools and the occasional friends with pools where we can take a dip. But we have found other ways to get wet on Water Wednesdays:
- A good old fashioned Slip and Slide (side note: do you know someone who works in the sign business—like freeway billboard signs? Sometimes they can give you an old vinyl billboard ad; put it on a grassy hillside, run a hose over it and you’ve got a great party water slide!)
- Waterfall Water Wall
- Water guns and hoses (we actually do this after we play with shaving cream—like these shaving cream play ideas)
And, what is Water Wednesday without a frozen water flavored treat? POPSICLES! Try some of these or go support your local shaved ice shack:
- Nutella popsicles (okay, YES!)
- Check out my Pinterest Popsicle board for loads more!
What are your favorite water activities? Any popsicle recipes you and your kids love to eat?
- Colorado Springs Gains 24/7 Access Storage Option - November 14, 2013
- Bring Fall to you With a DIY Fall Festival - November 11, 2013
- Fast-Growing Palm Coast, Florida, Gets the Storage it Needs - November 9, 2013
- DIY: No-sew Curtains and Shades - November 4, 2013
- Three Easy Ways to Decorate Your Home for Fall - November 1, 2013
- Pinterest Favorites: Halloween Tricks and Treats - October 30, 2013
- Why Getting Your Deck Ready for Winter isn’t as Bad as You Think - October 25, 2013
- Survive Fall Sports Season With These Storage Tips - October 21, 2013
- Pinterest Favorites: Decorating with Fall Colors - October 18, 2013
- Would you Peg Your Storage with SmartJars? New idea on Kickstarter - October 16, 2013