Last year, my friend Anna wrote an article for organizing summer with kids (see post here). It was so fun, I asked her if she had any new ideas for this summer and she did! Thanks again, Anna. – Jessica Johnson
We’re starting to plan our summer already. Every day of the week will have a different “theme” that we can all participate in after we finish our chores (just like last year). Monday is for Movies, hiking Trails on Tuesdays, Water fun on Wednesdays, something Thrifty for Thursdays, and Fridays are for playing with Friends.
We have already had a few weeks of summer fun and I have discovered a few great items for our specially appointed days. Today we will tackle Movie Mondays!
Our dollar theater has a special summer movie club for kids. You can get the whole summer package of 10 movies for $5 and they play all kinds of G and PG movies during the summer. We can also go get a special rental at Redbox or watch something new on Netflix.
I try to limit the amount of video games we play in the summer. If my kids would rather play some video games on Monday rather than watch a movie, we work that one in, too.
Here are some great ideas if you want to go big with this:
- This backyard movie night looks perfect
- backyard movie neighborhood PARTY!
- Here is a great tutorial on making a more legit movie screen with a white sheet
- For all you over-achievers’, I think this DIY movie marquee is darling
Also try some fun snacks like these:
- popcorn and candy cookie bars
- sticky s’more popcorn balls (sound super messy, but perfect for an outdoor movie)
- soft baked pretzels
Do you have theme days in the summer? What kind of activities do you like to do with your kids during these long, hot days? Do you have any tips for movies in your backyard?
- Colorado Springs Gains 24/7 Access Storage Option - November 14, 2013
- Bring Fall to you With a DIY Fall Festival - November 11, 2013
- Fast-Growing Palm Coast, Florida, Gets the Storage it Needs - November 9, 2013
- DIY: No-sew Curtains and Shades - November 4, 2013
- Three Easy Ways to Decorate Your Home for Fall - November 1, 2013
- Pinterest Favorites: Halloween Tricks and Treats - October 30, 2013
- Why Getting Your Deck Ready for Winter isn’t as Bad as You Think - October 25, 2013
- Survive Fall Sports Season With These Storage Tips - October 21, 2013
- Pinterest Favorites: Decorating with Fall Colors - October 18, 2013
- Would you Peg Your Storage with SmartJars? New idea on Kickstarter - October 16, 2013