Long summer days call for some extra creativity to keep the little ones occupied. Once you’ve exhausted the week’s pool time and visited every play space you can afford, you might wonder how to while away the hours.
Thank goodness the Internet is full of seriously creative people who are really into sharing their brainstorms. Parenting blogs are overflowing with great DIY inspiration for kids’ summer fun.
Try the ideas below to ensure some awesome afternoons this summer.
- Give little bookworms their own special hideout with this summer reading teepee.
- Get musical with some homemade Easter egg maracas.
- Entertain your archeologists with their own game of ice excavating.
- Add sewing to your kids’ skill set by making sock snakes.
- Take a trip right at home by making homemade Hawaiian leis.
Do you have any favorite at-home summer fun to recommend? What creative activities have your kids enjoyed in the past?