Long summer days call for some extra creativity to keep the little ones occupied. Once you’ve exhausted the week’s pool time and visited every play space you can afford, you might wonder how to while away the hours.
Thank goodness the Internet is full of seriously creative people who are really into sharing their brainstorms. Parenting blogs are overflowing with great DIY inspiration for kids’ summer fun.
Try the ideas below to ensure some awesome afternoons this summer.
- Give little bookworms their own special hideout with this summer reading teepee.
- Get musical with some homemade Easter egg maracas.
- Entertain your archeologists with their own game of ice excavating.
- Add sewing to your kids’ skill set by making sock snakes.
- Take a trip right at home by making homemade Hawaiian leis.
Do you have any favorite at-home summer fun to recommend? What creative activities have your kids enjoyed in the past?
- This One Tip is Guaranteed to Improve Your Yard Sale Turnout - July 30, 2014
- 5 Tips for Your Summer Yard Sale - July 10, 2014
- 4 Steps for Taking Your Boat Out of Storage - July 3, 2014
- 5 Storage Tips from America’s Founding Fathers - July 2, 2014
- 7 Things Dad Has in His Man Cave - June 9, 2014
- 6 Simple Ways to Stay Organized for the Holidays - December 18, 2013
- Don’t Let Winter Decorating Eat Up Your Savings: 3 Tips to Lower Costs - December 2, 2013
- Prepare to Winterize the Backyard Furniture - November 27, 2013
- Prepare to Winterize! Backyard edition - November 27, 2013
- Craft Some DIY Christmas Garlands and Ornaments - November 26, 2013