You know exactly what you’re cooking for your Fourth of July party, but have you considered adding some good, old-fashioned American style to your bash?
I’ve got some Fourth of July party decorating inspiration for you!
DIY Fourth of July Cupcake Toppers
- Lollipop sticks or flat toothpicks
Want to serve a classic chocolate cupcake that still looks patriotic? Make a July 4th cupcake topper! Print out patriotic party circles or other chosen design on card stock, and trim with a craft punch or scissors.
I highly recommend using a craft punch, especially if you’re making lots of these! As you can probably tell from my photos, trimming with scissors can be very, very tricky.
Plus, if you use a craft punch, you can keep more of the contrasting background, and have pretty edges. After you’ve cut or punched out your party circles, tape them to a lollipop stick or flat toothpick. Tip: If you’re not into paper toppers, make flag ribbon cupcake picks instead!
Pinwheels Paired with Flowers and Watering Cans
- Red, white or blue artificial flower bunches
- Mini red, white or blue pinwheels
Make good use of your cute watering can! Pick up a few mini pinwheels and a single bunch of white or red flowers at the craft store. Arrange your flowers and pinwheels in your favorite watering can.
Place your creation wherever you need a bit of patriotic color, or use it as a centerpiece.
Fireworks on Ice (That’s pretty bottled water.)
- Fireworks Duck Tape or red, white, or blue Duck Tape
- Bottled water
If you’re having an outdoor party, you’ll likely provide plenty of bottled water. Why not make the bottles part of the party? Just remove the labels and apply a band of patriotic tape around the middle of the bottle.
If you choose the Fireworks Duck Tape, you may have to order it online, but I found a ready supply of solid red, white, and blue rolls of Duck Tape at my local store. Tip: For fun, include mustache tape instead of plain white!
Wheelbarrow of Drinks
- Favorite bottled beverages and ice
- Miniature flags or flag ribbon for decorating
Keep your favorite bottled drinks cool with a thirst-quenching wheelbarrow! Clean your wheelbarrow, and then stick a few miniature flags into the ice, or tie flag ribbon to the handles.
Bushel of Drinks
- Favorite bottled beverages and ice
- Patriotic flag ribbon
- Bushel basket
- Plastic trash bag
Pick up a bushel basket from the craft store and line it with a trash bag that’s taped or stapled to the basket. Decorate the handles with flag ribbon, and add ice!
DIY Watermelon Keg
- Watermelon (of course) and knife
- See link below for materials list for watermelon keg
If you don’t have a cute drink dispenser for your fruit punch, it’s entirely possible to make one using a watermelon! The kind folks at the National Watermelon Promotion Board have directions on how to make a watermelon keg. Tip: Also learn how to make a watermelon ribbon basket.
- String or twine
- Vintage Fourth of July images (available at etsy)
Add some vintage flair to your patio or other party space. Print out vintage Fourth of July postcard images on card stock. Trim the images. Cut some string, and attach your postcards with clothespins!
Light Up for After Dark
- Citronella candles
- Tiki torches or strings of lights
Unfortunately, the sky won’t be lit with fireworks the whole night! For outdoor parties, don’t forget to add strings of lights or tiki torches. Citronella candles are always appreciated! They not only provide light, but will help keep pests away. Tip: Use your patriotic Duck tape or flag ribbon to decorate plain metal candle buckets.
I hope you’ve found a few ideas to use for your Fourth of July party!
How are you decorating for your party? Do you use flags for your party decorating?
- 7 Things in Your Closet You Should Give to Charity - December 8, 2014
- 10 Cheap Ways to Keep Toasty This Winter - November 5, 2014
- 15 DIY Holiday Gifts to Start Creating Today - November 3, 2014
- Watch Out for These Scary Storage Nightmares - October 30, 2014
- Tricks for Saving Your Halloween Treats - October 27, 2014
- 7 Ways To Make Your Neighbors Envy Your Yard This Fall - October 8, 2014
- 5 Wedding Gifts That Will Last Forever – Memories Live Here - September 19, 2014
- 10 Summer Items You Should Store This Fall: Which Will You Choose? - September 16, 2014
- 5 Lessons TV’s New Girl Can Teach Us About Moving - September 15, 2014
- Don’t Miss These Top 10 Things to Do Before Summer Ends - September 12, 2014