Summer is around the corner. Are you ready to get the most out of the season?
There are so many things—some little, some bigger—you can do to enhance your summer enjoyment at your home.
What improvements can you make beyond the obvious things like increasing the time on the Slip ‘n Slide and eating popsicles every day?
Here are some of the best summer-living ideas to get you thinking.
- Outdoor kitchens. Creating a proper outdoor cooking space complete with built-in grill is becoming increasingly popular. These spaces are usually centered on a patio entertaining space, meaning that everything about your meal, from the cooking to the eating, can be part of a great outdoor evening with friends.
- Fire pits. Enough said. Who doesn’t love to snuggle around a roaring fire on a summer evening?
- Paper lanterns. This little decorative touch can give your outdoor space a special something. There are many different kinds of paper lanterns—some of which double as classy lighting—so one of them will surely fit your style.
- Container gardens. Nothing says summer like blooming things. And you can bring colorful flowers into your space with minimal effort and skill if you plant in containers.
- Pergolas. These structures that cover an outdoor space and are often grown over with foliage or flowering vines make for some of the most appealing outdoor areas.
- Patio carpets. A carpet for the patio? Why not! Make your outdoor space all the more cozy and inviting with an all-weather rug.
- Wind chimes. Relax to the tinkling of bells as you swing in your hammock. Wind chimes come in all types and sizes, so you can choose the style and sound.
What summer living tips are you employing this season? What do you do to make your outdoor space as appealing and comfortable as possible?
- Colorado Springs Gains 24/7 Access Storage Option - November 14, 2013
- Bring Fall to you With a DIY Fall Festival - November 11, 2013
- Fast-Growing Palm Coast, Florida, Gets the Storage it Needs - November 9, 2013
- DIY: No-sew Curtains and Shades - November 4, 2013
- Three Easy Ways to Decorate Your Home for Fall - November 1, 2013
- Pinterest Favorites: Halloween Tricks and Treats - October 30, 2013
- Why Getting Your Deck Ready for Winter isn’t as Bad as You Think - October 25, 2013
- Survive Fall Sports Season With These Storage Tips - October 21, 2013
- Pinterest Favorites: Decorating with Fall Colors - October 18, 2013
- Would you Peg Your Storage with SmartJars? New idea on Kickstarter - October 16, 2013