We’re moving, and the new place has a smaller kitchen than I’m used to. We currently store our voluminous spice collection on a little set of bleachers on the counter, but there won’t be room for such indulgences in our new apartment. What to do with all those jars?
A little poking around online told me there are many spice-storage options. The only question is which to choose? For a small place, a wall-mounted model is probably best. These come in a large variety to match your unique style flavor.
Another option for those who lack counter space is the in-drawer rack. Some of them even expand to fit the drawer perfectly. If you have extra space in the cabinet, you can go for this pull-down in-cabinet rack instead.
If you’ve got more room in the kitchen, consider keeping your spices on the counter. There are revolving spice racks, rotating spice racks, or two-tiered revolving racks. You can go with a fancy bronzed display, a wall-mounted mango wood rack with cork-stoppered jars, or a bamboo rack with cube jars.
There are also options for storing just a few spices in a way that can be easily transported or used at the table. This shiny spice box with little spoons is a traditional Indian method of keeping spices. For a more charming look, there’s this wooden spice box with lid or this ten-spice box that looks more like a jewelry box than a kitchen item.
For those with a lot of different spices, like me, storage can be very tricky. I will certainly need at least two of the standard wall-mounted racks to accommodate them all. I might do best going with the simplest rack I can find—basically a little wooden shelf—of which I can get as many as I need to hold my entire collection.
How do you store your spices? Do you prefer wall-mounted, in-drawer, rotating, or some other type of display? Which spices do you use most?
- Colorado Springs Gains 24/7 Access Storage Option - November 14, 2013
- Bring Fall to you With a DIY Fall Festival - November 11, 2013
- Fast-Growing Palm Coast, Florida, Gets the Storage it Needs - November 9, 2013
- DIY: No-sew Curtains and Shades - November 4, 2013
- Three Easy Ways to Decorate Your Home for Fall - November 1, 2013
- Pinterest Favorites: Halloween Tricks and Treats - October 30, 2013
- Why Getting Your Deck Ready for Winter isn’t as Bad as You Think - October 25, 2013
- Survive Fall Sports Season With These Storage Tips - October 21, 2013
- Pinterest Favorites: Decorating with Fall Colors - October 18, 2013
- Would you Peg Your Storage with SmartJars? New idea on Kickstarter - October 16, 2013