Shoes are one of those items that tend to defy organization. They are oddly shaped, come in pairs, and can be dirty. Each of those elements complicates matters, resulting in plenty of shoes dumped in the bottom of closets or kicked willy-nilly under the bed.
Keeping shoes straight is made even more difficult by the fact that types vary so much in shape and size—a sandal is about as different from a hiking boot as a baseball cap is from a cowboy hat.
Here are ten ideas for storing your shoes, from the usual to the exotic.
- Under-the-bed shoe storage is tried and true, but it’s not the most convenient place for shoes you wear often.
- Shoe drawers are more accessible, like this one from IKEA that can hold 12 pairs.
- Alternately, I adore these vintage inspired rails that are perfect for displaying your fun shoes.
- Another classic solution is the closet-door shoe hanger
- If you’re into DIY, make your own funshoe rack from PVC pipes.
- Alternately, try a shoe armoir for plenty of space and easy access.
- Boots present special challenges; a good solution is to hang them.
- Among the more clever ideas is this cantilever shoe rack from Design Within Reach, or this one made from a shipping pallet.
- Even more ingenious, the Shoe Wheel by Rakku looks like a carnival ride for your footwear.
- And this flip flop hanging DIY is an inexpensive storage method
What is your favorite shoe storage solution?
Top 10 Ways To Store Your Shoes! by Jessica Johnson