You’ve carefully prepared items for storage and loaded your vehicle, so now you’re ready to move belongings into your self-storage unit. But are you really ready? It’s easy to forget helpful supplies when you move into your self-storage unit. That’s why I’ve created a list of things to have with you to make it easier to move your belongings into storage.
You’re not done with packing tape yet. Chances are, you’ll need your packing tape on moving day. On a related note, be sure to also take a marker for labeling.
Take your toolbox. Why? Maybe you previously decided to leave furniture intact, but you realize on move-in day that some disassembly will help you get the most out of your storage space.
Or perhaps you need to take some measurements. Having your tools with you will help you avoid a trip back home to fetch items like a tape measure, rope, screwdrivers, wrenches, vise grips and pliers.
Scissors and utility knives are very handy items to have around on moving day!
Protect your hands with a pair of work gloves, and apply sunscreen to guard your skin.
Moving can be messy, so be sure to take along a broom, dustpan, paper towels and trash bags for quick cleanup.
When everything is all moved in, use a good lock to secure your belongings. If you don’t already have a lock, ask your Extra Space Storage Store Manager for details on buying a lock on-site.
I hope that you’ll have everything you need on hand for making your self-storage moving day as perfect and stress-free as possible!
What items will you take with you on your self-storage move-in day? For past moves, is there an item you wish you had, but didn’t take?
- Bigger IS Better, Right? - April 16, 2015
- Five More Storage Containers You Can Make Yourself - February 19, 2015
- There’s No Overpopulation Here - February 12, 2015
- Make These 7 New Year’s Resolutions to Conquer Clutter in 2015 - December 26, 2014
- The Luxurious World of Self Storage - December 17, 2014
- The Top Organizing Tip You’ll Ever Learn - November 17, 2014
- 5 Toys Your Kids Played With You Shouldn’t Throw Away - November 14, 2014
- Extra Space Storage Customer Turns Into a Hero for Veterans - November 11, 2014
- The Haunted House of Clutter – 12 Tips to Prevent Scary Clutter - October 29, 2014
- Fame, Sweet Fame - October 17, 2014