I care about reducing waste and doing my part at home to help the environment, but with three energetic sons, I don’t have a lot of time to read multiple blogs and magazines for green living tips. So, I look to Pinterest as a quick way to find sustainability tips I can live with.
From cooking to gardening to cleaning, there’s a lot to know when you’re trying to reduce your impact, but I’ve gathered some fun resources for you below. I hope these Pinterest pages help you in your quest to live a more eco-friendly lifestyle!
- Get busy making your own beet chips and cooking spray, plus check out the world of sustainable cookbooks.
- Forget the packaging. Make your own good eats and sweet treats. Chocolate-covered brownie ice cream sandwich anyone?
- Make your plate better for the planet. Learn the ins and outs of choosing organic foods at the market.
- Gain some insight into green gardening, including taking advantage of Epsom salt as a natural fertilizer and using toilet paper tubes to start your plants.
- Get inspired to reuse! Check out some fun upcycling ideas like using an old toolbox as a flower box and bottle caps for a wind chime. Oh, and don’t forget to decorate your fence with a giant butterfly made from picture frame molding.
- Grow your very own blue potatoes or purple carrots!
- Organize, so everything has its place. Get some tips on repurposing items into perfect storage solutions.
- Make your own simple cleaners and learn the secrets of vinegar!
- Unleash your inner DIY for all the toxin-free cleaning ideas your home can handle.
Do you grow any of your own vegetables? Have you made any DIY green cleaning products?
- DIY Gifts from the Heart: Celebrate Your Valentine’s Achievements - February 5, 2016
- 5 Tips to Keep Your House Organized in the Winter - January 19, 2016
- The Ultimate Declutter Guide: Tips on How to Organize - January 14, 2016
- How to Set the Best New Year’s Resolutions - December 30, 2015
- Holiday Decorations to Create and Keep Forever - December 16, 2015
- The Perfect Gifts to Make for Loved Ones - December 7, 2015
- #GettingToTomorrow: The Best Advice for Making it Through Your Personal Apocalypse - December 4, 2015
- 5 Ways to Save Thanksgiving Recipes - November 17, 2015
- Should You Consider Moving Somewhere New? - November 12, 2015
- How to Preserve a Wedding Dress for Future Daughters - November 3, 2015