I care about reducing waste and doing my part at home to help the environment, but with three energetic sons, I don’t have a lot of time to read multiple blogs and magazines for green living tips. So, I look to Pinterest as a quick way to find sustainability tips I can live with.
From cooking to gardening to cleaning, there’s a lot to know when you’re trying to reduce your impact, but I’ve gathered some fun resources for you below. I hope these Pinterest pages help you in your quest to live a more eco-friendly lifestyle!
- Get busy making your own beet chips and cooking spray, plus check out the world of sustainable cookbooks.
- Forget the packaging. Make your own good eats and sweet treats. Chocolate-covered brownie ice cream sandwich anyone?
- Make your plate better for the planet. Learn the ins and outs of choosing organic foods at the market.
- Gain some insight into green gardening, including taking advantage of Epsom salt as a natural fertilizer and using toilet paper tubes to start your plants.
- Get inspired to reuse! Check out some fun upcycling ideas like using an old toolbox as a flower box and bottle caps for a wind chime. Oh, and don’t forget to decorate your fence with a giant butterfly made from picture frame molding.
- Grow your very own blue potatoes or purple carrots!
- Organize, so everything has its place. Get some tips on repurposing items into perfect storage solutions.
- Make your own simple cleaners and learn the secrets of vinegar!
- Unleash your inner DIY for all the toxin-free cleaning ideas your home can handle.
Do you grow any of your own vegetables? Have you made any DIY green cleaning products?
- 8 Easy, Crucial Steps to Follow for Moving Back In with Mom and Dad - August 8, 2014
- 7 Steps to Prepare Yourself for When Your Adult Child Moves Home - August 6, 2014
- And They’re Off! (How to Help Your Kids Pack for College) - August 4, 2014
- This One Tip is Guaranteed to Improve Your Yard Sale Turnout - July 30, 2014
- 5 Tips for Your Summer Yard Sale - July 10, 2014
- 4 Steps for Taking Your Boat Out of Storage - July 3, 2014
- 5 Storage Tips from America’s Founding Fathers - July 2, 2014
- 7 Things Dad Has in His Man Cave - June 9, 2014
- 6 Simple Ways to Stay Organized for the Holidays - December 18, 2013
- Don’t Let Winter Decorating Eat Up Your Savings: 3 Tips to Lower Costs - December 2, 2013