“DIY” is more than knitting hats and making bookshelves out of old milk crates. It can refer to projects as small as cutting out paper snowflakes for your window or as large as remodeling your bathroom. There’s something for everyone!
And thanks to a recent wave of enthusiasm for DIY, there are blogs for every flavor of inspiration-seeker. Check out these neat sites chock full of DIY creativity, some of the best the Web has to offer.
A Beautiful Mess
Following the credo that “the best things in life are homemade,” bloggers Elsie and Emma offer ideas on crafts, photography, recipes, décor, fashion, and beauty. Apartment Therapy named A Beautiful Mess 2012’s best DIY blog.
The key part of this blog written by Atlanta resident Katie Bower and her husband Jeremy is the project catalog, featuring arts and crafts, bathroom and kitchen redesign, home improvement, and table-setting ideas.
The Art of Doing Stuff
Penned by a Canadian television host named Karen whose “self-diagnosed lunacy” drives her to obsessively figure out how to do things, this blog offers tips on “kitchen, workshop, outdoor, design, and everything else.”
This blog chronicles the efforts of Kate, a Californian “bargain hunter, design lover, incurable DIYer, and mother to three,” to turn “the drab into the fab.” Check out her inspiration posts and the style files.
DIY on the Cheap
Indiana native and current Atlanta-area resident Erin offers readers a window into her “serious love for all things ‘crafty’ and ‘DIY.’” She features five-question Q&A interviews with crafting and decorating experts.
Dream Green DIY
What DIY blogs do you frequent? What makes for a good DIY site?
- Colorado Springs Gains 24/7 Access Storage Option - November 14, 2013
- Bring Fall to you With a DIY Fall Festival - November 11, 2013
- Fast-Growing Palm Coast, Florida, Gets the Storage it Needs - November 9, 2013
- DIY: No-sew Curtains and Shades - November 4, 2013
- Three Easy Ways to Decorate Your Home for Fall - November 1, 2013
- Pinterest Favorites: Halloween Tricks and Treats - October 30, 2013
- Why Getting Your Deck Ready for Winter isn’t as Bad as You Think - October 25, 2013
- Survive Fall Sports Season With These Storage Tips - October 21, 2013
- Pinterest Favorites: Decorating with Fall Colors - October 18, 2013
- Would you Peg Your Storage with SmartJars? New idea on Kickstarter - October 16, 2013