With extra stuff comes extra clutter. Overstuffed bookshelves. Bureau drawers bursting with clothes. Cupboards chaotic with spice jars.
It’s no wonder that some of the best storage is the kind you don’t see. There are all sorts of inventive ways to declutter using hidden compartments and drawers.
Here are a few ideas for making storage a little easier on the eyes.
- Storage under stairs: Use the space under the stairs to store everything from books to bicycles.
- Under-bed drawers: Under your bed is prime hidden-storage territory, whether for extra sweaters or your collection of old magazines.
- Concealed changing table: Designing a changing table that folds away can save a lot of space and cut down on clutter in a small nursery.
- Rolling clothes closet: A closet that pulls out from the wall lets you store twice as many clothes, all neatly out of sight.
- Spice rack in a drawer: Spices are so liable to become disorganized and clutter up your countertop, it’s worth sacrificing a kitchen drawer to keep them hidden.
What hidden organizing solutions have you found? What’s your favorite hiding place for clutter?5 Hidden Storage Ideas by Jessica Johnson