Food storage is the most common and relentless storage task most of us do. It’s more work than it seems at first, since it takes a bit more than just cramming everything in the fridge to make your groceries last as long as they should.
If you know how to properly—or in some cases ingeniously—store your food, you’ll be glad you made the extra effort. There are myriad tips to collect regarding wrapping, freezing, and bagging. Here are just a few of the most effective.
- Freeze wine in ice cube trays for easy use in cooking.
- Store your potatoes with an apple to keep them from budding.
- Freeze fresh ginger to make it last and provide easy access for cooking.
- Keep your nuts in the freezer for longer freshness.
- Freeze fresh herbs in olive oil in ice cube trays.
- Douse berries with white vinegar to keep them from molding.
- Hang onions in pantyhose for long-term storage.
What other food-storage tips do you use in your kitchen?