I didn’t know what to do with my old books. I rarely read them, they were too tattered for used bookstores, and I couldn’t find anywhere to donate them. What to do? It felt wrong to throw them in the trash.
A little online search gave me a stroke of genius: I could build a table out of them. In a happy coincidence, I was in need of a side table to go next to my sofa. With a small amount of effort, I had a new table and a new purpose for those books.
There are many more creative ideas where that came from. It turns out that a lot of the stuff you might have right at home can be reincarnated as truly useful organizational tools.
So think twice before you recycle that egg carton or throw out that old window shutter. Here are a few more neat ideas for repurposing household items as storage:
- Create a towel rack out of a wine rack
What creative DIY repurposing have you done around the house? What’s the most creative DIY storage solution you’ve come across?
- Colorado Springs Gains 24/7 Access Storage Option - November 14, 2013
- Bring Fall to you With a DIY Fall Festival - November 11, 2013
- Fast-Growing Palm Coast, Florida, Gets the Storage it Needs - November 9, 2013
- DIY: No-sew Curtains and Shades - November 4, 2013
- Three Easy Ways to Decorate Your Home for Fall - November 1, 2013
- Pinterest Favorites: Halloween Tricks and Treats - October 30, 2013
- Why Getting Your Deck Ready for Winter isn’t as Bad as You Think - October 25, 2013
- Survive Fall Sports Season With These Storage Tips - October 21, 2013
- Pinterest Favorites: Decorating with Fall Colors - October 18, 2013
- Would you Peg Your Storage with SmartJars? New idea on Kickstarter - October 16, 2013