The last mad dash of holiday preparations always has my hair standing on end. There’s so much to do in those last few days before the guests descend and the actual merry-making begins that the lead-up to Christmas can feel somewhat less than merry.
I’ve decided to take control this year by thinking about what recipes I can make ahead of time by a day . . . or three. Plenty of the food I want to serve will keep for a bit, and might even improve with the aging. So this year, my dinner table might well sport some of the following make-ahead options.
From potatoes to stuffing, here are some of the dishes I’m considering. I love that these can be made ahead of time. Thank you FoodNetwork, Better Homes and Gardens, and AllRecipes!
It makes me happy that there are so many things that I can make ahead and check off my list for last minute meal preparations. Here are more ideas for things to make ahead of time. I might even simplify further if I can find cranberry and cinnamon goat cheese at the grocery store or at Costco.
Desserts might be the most fun thing to make ahead! I’m not sure why but they really are better if all the flavors meld together for a few days. Here are some ideas for make ahead dishes:
What are you favorite holiday foods to make? What dishes do you make ahead of time?
- Colorado Springs Gains 24/7 Access Storage Option - November 14, 2013
- Bring Fall to you With a DIY Fall Festival - November 11, 2013
- Fast-Growing Palm Coast, Florida, Gets the Storage it Needs - November 9, 2013
- DIY: No-sew Curtains and Shades - November 4, 2013
- Three Easy Ways to Decorate Your Home for Fall - November 1, 2013
- Pinterest Favorites: Halloween Tricks and Treats - October 30, 2013
- Why Getting Your Deck Ready for Winter isn’t as Bad as You Think - October 25, 2013
- Survive Fall Sports Season With These Storage Tips - October 21, 2013
- Pinterest Favorites: Decorating with Fall Colors - October 18, 2013
- Would you Peg Your Storage with SmartJars? New idea on Kickstarter - October 16, 2013