Update 3/14/2013: Thanks for your interest in our Storing Furniture Infographic! We’ve removed the infographic but hope you’ll check out our blog for more tips on storage and organization.
Does it seem like you never have enough space? Your garage is cluttered, the spare bedroom is a mess and you’re desperate for a solution? If this is you, you may need a quick lesson on how to effectively store your furniture and belongings by using your mad gaming organization skills!
First You Must Learn to View Real World Objects as Game Shapes
By learning to see furniture as different shapes, just like in an organizing game, you’ll be able to effectively place/position/stack each piece of furniture to ensure no space goes wasted.
- Table – T shaped piece
- Chair – L shaped piece
- Ottoman/Boxes/Bins – Square shaped piece
- Bookshelf/Fridge – Line shaped piece
See the shapes, be the shapes.
This technique can be used in a number of different scenarios, including:
- Moving Trucks
- Storage Units
- Closet Space
- Home Storage
Now play with your furniture to best utilize any storage space! When you clear a line you clear the clutter!
What would you do with Extra Space?
Embed This Image On Your Site (copy code below):
- The Luxurious World of Self Storage - December 17, 2014
- The Top Organizing Tip You’ll Ever Learn - November 17, 2014
- 5 Toys Your Kids Played With You Shouldn’t Throw Away - November 14, 2014
- Extra Space Storage Customer Turns Into a Hero for Veterans - November 11, 2014
- The Haunted House of Clutter – 12 Tips to Prevent Scary Clutter - October 29, 2014
- Fame, Sweet Fame - October 17, 2014
- DIY Fun: Hands-on Projects for Kids - October 15, 2014
- Tidy Ways to Organize Ugly Pet Supplies - October 13, 2014
- Creative Pet Nooks You’ll Fall Hard For - October 4, 2014
- 6 Spooktacular Halloween Costumes You Can Make Yourself - October 3, 2014