Update 3/14/2013: Thanks for your interest in our Storing Furniture Infographic! We’ve removed the infographic but hope you’ll check out our blog for more tips on storage and organization.
Does it seem like you never have enough space? Your garage is cluttered, the spare bedroom is a mess and you’re desperate for a solution? If this is you, you may need a quick lesson on how to effectively store your furniture and belongings by using your mad gaming organization skills!
First You Must Learn to View Real World Objects as Game Shapes
By learning to see furniture as different shapes, just like in an organizing game, you’ll be able to effectively place/position/stack each piece of furniture to ensure no space goes wasted.
- Table – T shaped piece
- Chair – L shaped piece
- Ottoman/Boxes/Bins – Square shaped piece
- Bookshelf/Fridge – Line shaped piece
See the shapes, be the shapes.
This technique can be used in a number of different scenarios, including:
- Moving Trucks
- Storage Units
- Closet Space
- Home Storage
Now play with your furniture to best utilize any storage space! When you clear a line you clear the clutter!
What would you do with Extra Space?
Embed This Image On Your Site (copy code below):
- Dill Chill – Strange Storage Unit - July 18, 2014
- Announcing our Vine Contest Winners! - July 16, 2014
- The Night Time Storage Unit Pianist - July 15, 2014
- 5 Star Hotel? Actually It’s a Self Storage Facility. - July 14, 2014
- Workin’ on my Fitness – Storage Style - July 10, 2014
- 6 Great Spaces We Love - July 7, 2014
- Using vertical space to solve your storage woes. - June 30, 2014
- 6 Seconds Could Win You $500! (WHAT?!) - June 23, 2014
- 4 Artists Creating with Clutter - June 4, 2014
- Get Storage on Memorial Day – Others Are Doing It - May 23, 2014