My latest guilty pleasure? Pinterest! It’s easy to spend hours on this site, discovering neat ideas and pinning my own. Our Extra Space Pinterest page has all sorts of useful and fun organizational and storage-related pins to explore..
One of our collections is a pin board full of creative ideas for making great kids rooms. You can get seriously imaginative with children’s rooms—in fact, the more imaginative the better.
Kids beds can be some of the most fun pieces of furniture in the house. What other thing at home can be double-decker, shaped like a racecar, or turn into a fort?
Of course, one of the most important features of a kid’s room is storage for all the toys, stuffed animals, and other random knick-knacks and gadgets.
This is your chance to make organizing fun for the little ones. How about gluing little animals on the tops of jars to make whimsical and appealing organizers, or turning flower baskets into wall-mounted toy storage spaces?
Of course boxes and bins of various sizes and colors can be useful for organizing anything, and our page has plenty of ideas. How about this charming set-up on a bookshelf? Or use plastic bins or buckets in various configurations to get things ship-shape.
Any well-equipped kids room has a place for books. There’s a lot of room for creativity beyond the typical bookshelf.
To keep on top of library books, try putting a chalkboard on your bookshelf on which to write the due date.
Arts and crafts
If you want to get a little more elaborate, what’s neater than this craft room hutch?
The ideas are endless! Have you got any neat ideas for organizing kids rooms that we could add to our board?
- Colorado Springs Gains 24/7 Access Storage Option - November 14, 2013
- Bring Fall to you With a DIY Fall Festival - November 11, 2013
- Fast-Growing Palm Coast, Florida, Gets the Storage it Needs - November 9, 2013
- DIY: No-sew Curtains and Shades - November 4, 2013
- Three Easy Ways to Decorate Your Home for Fall - November 1, 2013
- Pinterest Favorites: Halloween Tricks and Treats - October 30, 2013
- Why Getting Your Deck Ready for Winter isn’t as Bad as You Think - October 25, 2013
- Survive Fall Sports Season With These Storage Tips - October 21, 2013
- Pinterest Favorites: Decorating with Fall Colors - October 18, 2013
- Would you Peg Your Storage with SmartJars? New idea on Kickstarter - October 16, 2013