Something special is happening to traffic lights in Atlanta. They’re being converted to LED! When it comes to sustainability, “LED” isn’t a feel-good buzz word. LED is a strong energy solution with perks.
LED signals not only use a fraction of the energy of incandescent signals, but they’re brighter, which enhances safety at intersections. Plus, LED signals last between seven to 10 years, much longer than incandescent lights! That means that Atlanta is not only saving energy, but saving maintenance costs as well.
Just how much energy is being saved with these new traffic lights in Atlanta? The Atlanta Office of Sustainability says that their LED traffic lights use 80 percent less energy. When it comes to lights that are always “on,” that’s a really big deal!
Extra Space Storage is Also Reducing Energy Usage in Atlanta
Speaking of lights that tend to stay “on” a lot, we’ve been working on that! We’ve completed extensive lighting retrofits at Extra Space Storage on Cheshire Bridge Road and Extra Space Storage on Roswell Road in Atlanta. Our new lights are much more efficient, but we’ve also installed updated motion sensors to keep unnecessary lights off.
We’re also working on saving energy for our lights that do need to stay on. Our Extra Space Storage signs are lit for several hours starting at dusk, making our decision to switch to LED for our signs even more important. So, you’re not only finding your way to your Atlanta storage unit via LED traffic lights, but, if you choose Extra Space Storage, you’re also finding your way with the help of our energy-saving LED signs!
Have you noticed traffic lights in your area switching to LED? Have you switched to LED lighting at your home or office?
- The Top Organizing Tip You’ll Ever Learn - November 17, 2014
- 5 Toys Your Kids Played With You Shouldn’t Throw Away - November 14, 2014
- Extra Space Storage Customer Turns Into a Hero for Veterans - November 11, 2014
- The Haunted House of Clutter – 12 Tips to Prevent Scary Clutter - October 29, 2014
- Fame, Sweet Fame - October 17, 2014
- DIY Fun: Hands-on Projects for Kids - October 15, 2014
- Tidy Ways to Organize Ugly Pet Supplies - October 13, 2014
- Creative Pet Nooks You’ll Fall Hard For - October 4, 2014
- 6 Spooktacular Halloween Costumes You Can Make Yourself - October 3, 2014
- Larry Crowne Affair – Storage Shows - September 11, 2014