The City of Baltimore is taking seriously its role in helping residents lower their carbon footprint by providing several electric vehicle (EV) charging stations. The charging stations are part of the ChargePoint network that’s helping the world travel even further with their EVs.
And the really great thing for drivers of EVs in Baltimore is that charging is free in any of the nine city-owned parking garages.
All drivers have to do is pay to park in the garage. Charging up for free while shopping or dining? Not a bad deal!
But will EV drivers in Baltimore have to wait in line to charge? According to the City of Baltimore’s website, each of the nine participating garages have a charging station that’s capable of charging up to two vehicles at one time. So, that means about 18 cars can be charging at any given time for free throughout the city and will most likely prevent any charging-jams!
Extra Space Storage is Also Lowering Its Carbon Footprint
Did you know that Maryland is one of six states that’s home to Extra Space Storage properties powered with solar energy? We also have solar panels on properties in New Jersey, Massachusetts, California, Hawaii and Ohio. We started adding solar panels to properties in 2010, and by the end of this year, we’ll have solar power on more than 100 self-storage properties.
Where has all this solar energy gotten us, and you? Solar power has allowed us to do our part to help preserve the environment, something we all share! As part of our commitment to corporate responsibility, we have several energy efficiency initiatives that have been implemented at many of our properties, but solar power has played a huge part in helping us to lower our carbon footprint. With the help of solar energy, we’ve even reached net zero consumption at some Extra Space Storage locations. We’re excited about our production of solar energy, and, who knows, maybe one day we’ll use it to charge electric cars too!
Do you see yourself owning an electric vehicle, or installing solar panels within the next five years?
- 10 Storage Fails That’ll Make You Laugh - August 26, 2015
- Remodeling the American Landscape: Changing Buildings into Self Storage - August 6, 2015
- 10 Funniest Internet Photos About Storage and Moving - July 13, 2015
- Entrepreneurs Debate Glitzy Office Space or Bare-Bone Unit - July 9, 2015
- Shop-Happy Americans Have Plenty to Store (shocking stats) - June 11, 2015
- The Notable Portable - May 20, 2015
- 7 Reactions to Storage That Will Make You Laugh - April 21, 2015
- Bigger IS Better, Right? - April 16, 2015
- Five More Storage Containers You Can Make Yourself - February 19, 2015
- There’s No Overpopulation Here - February 12, 2015