There’s no question that the city of Dallas, Texas cares about being green. Just take a look at the city’s “Green Dallas” website with the tagline, “building a greener city.” Dallas is doing several things to encourage residents to be more environmentally friendly, including:
Making Recycling Easy
The “Too Good to Throw Away” recycling program uses single-stream recycling, eliminating the need for sorting. Plus, residents have plenty of room for recyclables with their large 96-gallon recycling rollcarts.
Taking the Mystery out of Composting
Dallas residents are invited to learn the science of backyard composting with free classes offered each month.
Leading by Example with Certified Green City Buildings
Dallas has obtained U.S. Green Building Council LEED Certification for several city-owned facilities, including a LEED Platinum, seven LEED Gold and 14 LEED Silver!
Promoting Alternative Transportation with the Dallas Bike Plan
The new bike plan calls for the implementation of the Dallas Bikeway System, a 1,296-mile network that includes 456 miles of off-street multi-use pathways, as well as 840 miles of on-street facilities like buffered bike lanes, shared lane markings and cycle tracks.
How We’re Green in Dallas
Extra Space Storage also cares about helping Dallas build a greener city. We’ve completed retrofits for improved energy efficiency at many of our self-storage properties in Dallas. Now, we’re saving energy in Dallas with improved motion sensors and LED lighting!
Are you helping to make Dallas greener? Would you consider using a bike system like the one Dallas is building?
- A Real Unit for A “Real” Moment – Storage Shows - August 14, 2014
- You’ll Deeply Regret Throwing Away These 5 Sentimental Items – Memories Live Here - August 13, 2014
- Dill Chill – Strange Storage Unit - July 18, 2014
- Announcing our Vine Contest Winners! - July 16, 2014
- The Night Time Storage Unit Pianist - July 15, 2014
- 5 Star Hotel? Actually It’s a Self Storage Facility. - July 14, 2014
- Workin’ on my Fitness – Storage Style - July 10, 2014
- 6 Great Spaces We Love - July 7, 2014
- Using vertical space to solve your storage woes. - June 30, 2014
- 6 Seconds Could Win You $500! (WHAT?!) - June 23, 2014