We interrupt our regular blog post programming to bring you more Pinterest. Are you on it yet? Have you seen our Pinterest page?
This month, I’ve been favoring the Chemical-Free Cleaning boards from our Extra Space Storage page. I am a little late on the Spring Cleaning this year, but something about chemicals in my cleaning products in the hot summer feels extremely suffocating. I know there are a lot of ways to keep a clean home, but now I have some of these ideas collected in one place.
Apparently, the reason so many store-bought cleaners smell like citrus is because the oil of citrus has been a known cleaning solvent for years and years. Check out this pin for a wonderful all-purpose lemon cleaner and a bonus recipe for grapefruit bath scrub.
This pin is a great solution for cleaning your toilets without using chemicals. Check it out only if you want your toilet bowl to shine!
One of our pins has all of the instructions ready to use on the pin: “Put orange peels and vinegar in a quart jar, let it sit for about 10 days, strain out the liquid, and use as an all-purpose cleaner!”
Do it Yourself (and save $, too!)
How do people come up with these things? I find myself asking this question often for these incredible make-it-yourself cleaning recipes. I am glad they did, though. This pin tells you how to make your own laundry soap.
Don’t just stop at the laundry soap—check out this pin for a recipe to make dishwashing detergent. I shouldn’t be this excited over homemade dishwasher detergent… but I am.
And then there is the stain remover. I never thought I would find a chemical-free version of this that I could make myself. This pin shows it all.
Then there are the “DUH” moments when your see that all you need is one item, maybe add some water, and your dependence on factory-made chemical garbage is a thing of the past. This pin shows how all you need is lemon juice and water to clean out your microwave.
Baby oil works as a paint remover—DUH! Thanks, Real Simple!
Wax paper gets the spots off your chrome fixtures. Did you know this? I did not know this.
The cleaner of the future. Or the past. Whichever it is, cream of tartar is a miracle worker. Check out this pin!
Check out our Pinterest page for the pins and their links. Do you pin? What is your favorite thing about Pinterest? What are your favorite chemical-free cleaning tips?
- Colorado Springs Gains 24/7 Access Storage Option - November 14, 2013
- Bring Fall to you With a DIY Fall Festival - November 11, 2013
- Fast-Growing Palm Coast, Florida, Gets the Storage it Needs - November 9, 2013
- DIY: No-sew Curtains and Shades - November 4, 2013
- Three Easy Ways to Decorate Your Home for Fall - November 1, 2013
- Pinterest Favorites: Halloween Tricks and Treats - October 30, 2013
- Why Getting Your Deck Ready for Winter isn’t as Bad as You Think - October 25, 2013
- Survive Fall Sports Season With These Storage Tips - October 21, 2013
- Pinterest Favorites: Decorating with Fall Colors - October 18, 2013
- Would you Peg Your Storage with SmartJars? New idea on Kickstarter - October 16, 2013