My garage is currently much like the pit of despair. Boxes go in, none ever come out, and people have been lost wandering the disorganized maze found within for days. I have tried to tackle it, but frankly, I need a game plan.
I need garage motivation.
Just like window shopping, searching online gives me a lot of ideas without the need to commit. I will commit, eventually, to the garage concept I need, but looking at what others have done to their garages is so inspirational.
A place for everything and everything in its place. This garage remodel has stations for gardening, sports, tools, and seasonal items. And there is still room to park a car or two. I think I’m in love.
Think up! There is a lot of space above your head in the garage, which is the perfect place to put all of those seasonal items (and winter clothes we just packed up). There are many companies that sell overhead storage racks that are durable and safe. Try one of these:
Sometimes you don’t want your garage to be a… well, garage. I have long been a fan of the conversion possibilities of garages. This one, from Elle Décor, maintains some outdoor functionalities, and adds a toolshed and workspace. Plus, it’s chic.
Turn your garage into the ultimate man cave, complete with pool table and flat screen tv. Or add a swing that kids can pull down and use when the weather doesn’t allow them to play outside, but you need them away from the inside.
Now that I am sufficiently inspired, it is time to get to work. What garage appeals to you the most? What is the most unique use of a garage you’ve seen? Do you prefer the traditional multi-functional garage (for cars and storage) or another use for the garage?
- Colorado Springs Gains 24/7 Access Storage Option - November 14, 2013
- Bring Fall to you With a DIY Fall Festival - November 11, 2013
- Fast-Growing Palm Coast, Florida, Gets the Storage it Needs - November 9, 2013
- DIY: No-sew Curtains and Shades - November 4, 2013
- Three Easy Ways to Decorate Your Home for Fall - November 1, 2013
- Pinterest Favorites: Halloween Tricks and Treats - October 30, 2013
- Why Getting Your Deck Ready for Winter isn’t as Bad as You Think - October 25, 2013
- Survive Fall Sports Season With These Storage Tips - October 21, 2013
- Pinterest Favorites: Decorating with Fall Colors - October 18, 2013
- Would you Peg Your Storage with SmartJars? New idea on Kickstarter - October 16, 2013