It’s kind of crazy watching yourself get older. I’m 26 now, and it wasn’t until earlier this year that I finally looked in the mirror and realized I wasn’t as young as I used to be. My hairline is receding, my spare tire is growing, and my once toned muscles just don’t make me want to flex in the mirror anymore. I also almost pass out and get so sore I can barely move after sporting activities that I used to do without problem. Is it too soon to be having a midlife crisis?
This shocking realization really motivated me to stay in shape this past summer. I enjoy getting up early and running around the neighborhood with my dog Sprinkles (yes…I have a dog named Sprinkles). I did a good job at being consistent with this routine throughout the summer, but being from Utah, the desire and motivation quickly ran out once October hit. If you’re like me, you may need a solution to working out inside to get you through those cold winter months.
Forget the Gym
Contract: A lot of gyms lure people in by offering a lower price for those willing to sign a 2+ year contract. These contracts are awful! Unless you know you will stay motivated and focused each month for the next two years, don’t do it! Also, trying to cancel one of these contracts is like taking a strong right hook in the face from Mike Tyson. It’s beyond painful! Unless you’re willing to pay out the remainder of your contract, you’re stuck!
Meatheads: Skip the fashion/muscle show that always seems to happen at the gym. You know what I’m talking about: guys with arms bigger than my thighs with fake baked skin and all gelled up hair. Girls wearing more makeup than they do on that week’s date night. Aren’t we supposed to sweat and look crappy here? I always felt self-conscious going to the gym, having just rolled out of bed, hair all messed up with my pillow’s crease still imprinted across my face.
Storage Unit Workout Room
There are many different reasons a storage unit is an excellent place for a winter workout room:
- No Contract – Most storage facilities offer units on a month to month basis. This allows you to have a place to work out during those freezing winter months with no obligation to stay there once the temperature rises and you can go back to your summer routine.
- Privacy – No meatheads! You can work out in the privacy of your own unit where nobody can see you and being self-conscious isn’t caused by the ridiculous people around you.
- Splitting Costs – Having someone to workout with helps you to stay motivated and also allows you to split the monthly cost of the unit.
- Away from Home – This provides physical separation from the many distractions at home. It also keeps you from cluttering a room in your home with workout equipment.
So gather your favorite workout equipment, call up your friends, and keep off those pounds during the winter. Summer is bound to not even recognize you when it arrives!
- Shop-Happy Americans Have Plenty to Store (shocking stats) - June 11, 2015
- The Notable Portable - May 20, 2015
- 7 Reactions to Storage That Will Make You Laugh - April 21, 2015
- Bigger IS Better, Right? - April 16, 2015
- Five More Storage Containers You Can Make Yourself - February 19, 2015
- There’s No Overpopulation Here - February 12, 2015
- Make These 7 New Year’s Resolutions to Conquer Clutter in 2015 - December 26, 2014
- The Luxurious World of Self Storage - December 17, 2014
- The Top Organizing Tip You’ll Ever Learn - November 17, 2014
- 5 Toys Your Kids Played With You Shouldn’t Throw Away - November 14, 2014